cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

iMac 2020 bootcamp Windows 10 camera black

grabavozas
Listener

Hello,

having a problem with black output from camera Apple iMac 27" 2020 Bootcamp Windows 10.  Everything is up to date, tried x64 and x86 Zoom. Other programs get video from camera no problems. What to do?

3 REPLIES 3

Nafi
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hi, 

I suggest you not using bootcamp maybe your windows can't detect your mac camera, if you really need windows then using parallel desktop maybe easier to share hardware like webcam to use both mac & windows. 

hope it helps.

I am Zoom Enthusiast (Part of PT. Kayreach System, Indonesia Authorized Reseller, Certified Zoom Room, Zoom Phone, and Pro AV Integrator)

subin
Listener

I am also facing the same problem with Bootcamp model iMac 1,1 and iMac model 20,1 camera showing black and freezing. 

But the windows 10 camera application working fine without any issue.

Is there any solution to fix the problem

StephenL
Listener

I've noticed this as well. I did manage briefly (gutted the drivers, downloaded relevant support files for my iMac Model and forced them to be used) to rectify this earlier this year, but as the incrimental 21H2 updates kept rolling out, the resolve went away. Rather  than spending any more cycles on this, I will be buying a good Camera/Mic clip on with actual drivers for Win 10/11, rather than shoe-horning back the 2006 Microsoft USB HD Video drivers.