cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i want to use 'virtual background' but, RYZEN 3 3200G is not supported. Please update quickly.

poiuy_STS
Listener

i want to use 'virtual background'
but,
RYZEN 3 3200G is not supported.
Please update quickly.

17 REPLIES 17

dedy
Listener

me too, i want use vbg without green screen in my laptop which is my processor ryzen 3 5300u, please give me update and add ryzen 3 for the system requirement, bcs its seems unfair with intel i3 gen 5

Far as I can tell withe the 28th November update you can now use Ryzen 3 - I have a lenovo ideapad 3 with it and it seems to function!

Just tried, for Ryzen 3 4300u still not working. (Gigabyte brix brh-4300)

even in 2023 still didn't working, i hope zoom can fix this and give us updateee!!!!

ryzen3owner
Listener

This is absurd! It has been SIX MONTHS and the Ryzen 3 series is STILL NOT SUPPORTED?! Guess Microsoft Teams will get our money going forward. Sad!

Far as I can tell withe the 28th November update you can now use Ryzen 3 - I have a lenovo ideapad 3 with it and it seems to function!

How did you fix it? It does not allow me to choose the virtual background in my ThinkPad AMD Ryzen 3

No it hasn't

geomauricio
Listener

It really is absurd. Teams and google Meet work perfectly, i.e. it is not a hardware limitation. I can't understand how this hasn't been resolved yet.

Far as I can tell withe the 28th of November update you can now use Ryzen 3 - I have a Lenovo idea pad 3 with it and it seems to function!

dukenukem123
Listener

Probably due to some algorithm but, for virtual image, AMD needs to have 8 logical cores, and intel does not need to have 8 logical cores, that is really not fair (currently using RYZEN 3 4300u).

LLD
Listener

Sorry is AMD Ryzen 3 5300U with Radeon Graphics 2.60 GHz but I'm no tech wizard so I don't really know the difference!

Gary0
Listener

I just purchased an HP AIO with RYZEN 3 and Radeon.  Zoom tech support says it's not their problem and it wont' work.  I have the same issue with a Intel Celeron which they also do not support.   However my 10 year old HP - AIO can use VB without green screen - no problems.    Zoom needs to fix this ASAP

cherryy
Listener

yes, please fix this asap!

dukenukem123
Listener

I bought other mini PC with i5-1240p, now it is working ok, and Ryzen is for playing with Linux server 🙂 

NMagner1974
Listener

I bought my new HP laptop last year with Ryzen 3 4300U and it doesn't work. This is ridiculous as I need it for my business urgently 😠

lakerstyle24
Listener

So my workaround is to use the browser-based version of Zoom instead of the desktop app.  This makes no sense as the Ryzen 3 should be more than capable of handling virtual backgrounds.