cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

echo during meeting with my laptop

kmfdesigns
Listener

I'm having feedback echo on my laptop ( using windows ) Dell laptop , while in zoom meeting.

I have turned off other devices' sound and don't have them joining in the meeting. 

wondering if there is a setting I have missed? I have updated my windows.

logged back in and out. Is it better to have an external microphone? or is my speaker settings? 

is there an anti - echo feature . please help. 

3 REPLIES 3

Filipe
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi,

You should first check if there are 2 different devices (one set as mic and other as speaker)  in your computer and also if the "Echo Cancellation" feature is enabled.

Please refer to these articles: 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/202050538-Managing-audio-echo-in-a-meeting

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360046244692-Configuring-professional-audio-settings-for-Z...

Thanks,
Filipe.

stacy-bloom
Listener

Hi, I hope you are doing well!

I experienced the same echo issue during Zoom meetings on my Dell laptop running Windows. To solve this, I disabled the "Automatically adjust microphone volume" option in Zoom settings and manually adjusted the microphone volume.

If the issue persists, using an external microphone can help. There isn't a specific anti-echo feature, but adjusting microphone settings and considering an external microphone should resolve the problem.

Zxi-Issues
Listener

It's actually better to have headphones.  The echo is that the mic is listening to the room, basically, and the speakers are projecting into  the room.  Isolating microphones and speakers from each other will give everyone a better audio experience. 

That being said, did you turn on echo cancellation?   

Click on the     ˄  next to your microphone mute/unmute button 

Click on "Audio Settings" 

In the Settings box, click on Audio from left column

You're on windows so the following may be a little different. 

Under AUDIO PROFILE

If Zoom optimized audio is selected, scroll down until you see:

"Original Sound for Musicians"   and click the radio button in front of it.

That should open up options for it:

High-fidelity music mode

Echo cancellation

Stereo Audio

Select the Echo Cancellation to check it, then close the settings window. 

IF IT DOESN'T FIX IT, you probably want to set your audio back to Zoom optimized audio.

Select the