cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cloud recording

ipohrenwenxx
Listener

i received the email and could not open the recording and it showed this message"You have not enabled the Cloud Recorder. (200)"

4 REPLIES 4

Mathi
Attendee

@ipohrenwenxx ,

Authentication allow hosts to restrict participants who can view a cloud recording to those who are logged into Zoom, and even restrict it to Zoom users whose email addresses use a certain domain. 

Ask the host Sign in to the Zoom web portal and navigate to Settings.
Click the Recording tab.
disable Require users to authenticate before viewing cloud recordings.

I called the host and he turned off the requirement for a passcode, but it didn't change anything.  Can I simply enable the cloud recorder or, being on "basic" does that require a different subscription on my part?  I'm not interested in recording anything, I just want the content of each class.

Hi @Billlockhart when sharing a cloud recording the host can either do the following or both. If the host enabled authentication to view cloud recordings, this allows the hosts to restrict participants who can view a cloud recording to those who are signed in to Zoom, and even restrict it to Zoom users whose email addresses use a certain domain.

The host also has the ability to set a Passcode, along with user authentication; which requires users to enter a password before viewing or downloading the recording. After selecting this option, enter a custom passcode and click Save.

As a basic/free user, you can view any cloud recording with the appropriate permissions set from the host; however, as a basic/free user, you will be unable to initiate a cloud recording when hosting a meeting 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Billlockhart
Listener

I am still looking for an answer to MY question; I am not interested in what the host can and cannot do at his whim. In this case thee host sends us a link so we can experience the latest class and each time I have clicked it I get an error 200 saying I have not enabled the cloud recorder. He deactivated the requirement for a passcode per Mathi's suggestion. I have tried with and without signing into Zoom first and I'm about to throw it all out.