cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

camera shows white screen

namelessalexa
Listener

I am using windows 10 on a desktop, zoom Version: 5.15.7 (20303). my camera shows a white screen (see below). i use zoom every day, and it has been happening every day. sometimes it resolves itself after some time, other times not at all. i have been using zoom since 2019 on multiple devices and haven't had this problem until this past month when i moved into a new apartment. i am still using the same computer, webcam, etc, i've had since 2021, so it's definitely not the hardware.

previously, when this question has been posted on the zoom community forum, there hasn't been a solution. please assist. thanks

namelessalexa_0-1695827491615.png

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @namelessalexa welcome to the community! I see you're on Zoom Version 5.15.7, as of today, I am running 5.16.1 on Windows 10 with no issues. I am using a Logitech Brio as my camera, I switched between my Avatar and Self-view with my camera and didn't encounter a difference. Could you try Updating Zoom to the latest version or using another camera source if available

5.16.1.PNG

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

marklanguage
Listener

Hello, I also have the same problem as 'namelessalexa', and use a Windows 10 desktop PC.  I've been using Zoom regularly since about 2020, and my camera also shows either a white or purple screen, which sometimes stops or sometimes starts again.  There was a Windows update recently to my computer, so I wonder if this incompatibility started then, as I have not had this trouble before.  Can anyone assist, please?

Hey @marklanguage what kind of camera do you use with Zoom? That being said, I would select 'auto' for any Video Settings > Advanced options in the screenshot below, particularly the 'video capturing method' dropdown options.

1d8f28d9-c443-49ec-bfd5-cc938bbc225d.png

Could you please double-check those settings for me to see if re-configuring how video rendering and capturing methods change might help solve the problem? Please make sure your Zoom desktop client is also up to date.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!