cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add photo for when video is off

BJAppelgren
Listener

I used to have a photo of myself that shows when video is off. It disappeared. I want to add it again.

12 REPLIES 12

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @BJAppelgren ! To add your photo:

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Profile.
  3. In the section with your name and other personal details, click the pencil icon in the pencil frame. 

4. Drag and drop the file or click Choose Files to upload your picture.
    Note: Please select a jpg/jpeg, gif, or png image file with a size smaller than 2MB.
  5. (Optional) Adjust the crop area as needed.
  6. Click Save.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/7056836613517-Managing-profile-picture-on-the-Zoom-web-por...

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

This works but I have to do this every time I log in to a meeting. Is there a way to make it permanent?

alena_zlc
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Pjdevitt @TheSlaw 
Are you changing the profile picture in the Zoom web portal? After you update your profile settings in the web portal you may need to sign out of the desktop client and sign back in for those changes to be reflected in the client. 

Yes.  I do.  No change.   There should be a setting during a call that works like adding the background image.  Except this would be for when my video is off.

When my video is turned off, only my name appears in a black box . My profile photo does not appear.  When I follow your instructions, it just offers me to change my profile photo, but my photo is already saved there.

TheSlaw
Listener

I have an image in my profile.
I'm in a meeting right now and my image is not coming up.  Help

TheSlaw
Listener

TheSlaw_0-1705182648618.pngTheSlaw_1-1705182674292.png

MaryEM7
Listener

I see instructions for adding my photo that say, "Click the pencil icon in the pencil frame."  But I don't see any pencil icon or pencil frame.

Yeah, the instructions aren't very clear. Step 3 should read:

"3. In the section with your name and other personal details, place you mouse cursor over the picture frame and click the pencil icon." 

MQAnderson
Listener

I have followed all the instructions and it just ends up changing my profile picture.  How in the world do I get my photo to show up when I don't want to be live on video.  

Hi @MQAnderson! Are you signed in when opening the meeting you are attending? Your profile picture should display when your video is off if you are signed in. 

Keep me updated!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Signed in on mobile and desktop, and the picture appears when the video is off ONLY on mobile.  Not on desktop.  Sitting here toggling between devices on a meeting and it's consistently broken on desktop.

ETA: signed out and in again on both devices