cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom won't install "Zoom Audio Device"

cmsuter
Listener

I'm trying to share my Pro Tools screen through Zoom. Supposedly when I check the box labeled "Share Sound" it should automatically install the "Zoom Audio Device", but it doesn't nothing happens. And for whatever reason, Zoom doesn't seem to make the driver available to download on it's own. 

9 REPLIES 9

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @cmsuter, would you be able to take a screenshot of the contents of this folder:
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/

As the issue might be caused by some audio drivers using the same UUID for the Zoom audio device.

Looking forward to your response! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I am having the same issue using LOGIC PRO X. I used to be able to change to the ZOOMAUDIODEVICE but it doesn't show up anymore -even though I have re-install Zoom countless times. Thank you

Updates?

I'm having the exact same issue. Before reformatting my Mac and updating to the newest OS I had access to the Zoom Audio Driver, and it appeared in my Audio/MIDI setup but now it doesn't seem to install. Did you find a resolution?

Hey, 

New caller, same problem. I would love to be able to "Share Computer Audio" from my Pro Tools session and am not seeing Zoom Audio Device as an option in PT. Windows PT 12 HD

Thanks!

nictrue
Listener

Hi -

I am having the same issue. Can you tell me more about the solution and the UUID?

Thanks,

Nicole

Any luck with it??

Muzeij
Listener

Hi, Did you figure out a solution yet?

nictrue
Listener

No, I still need a solution to the problem.