cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom timing out after 40 minutes - paid account

rpittenger
Listener

I purchased a Pro account yesterday so it wouldn’t time out after 40 minutes - but it’s still timing out even though I’m now logged into the Pro account. 

4 REPLIES 4

Jeremy
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @rpittenger  If you have a paid Pro subscription on your account and are being blocked at 40 minutes, I would recommend that you submit one using our web request - Billing & Account Management.  This will allow the team to look into your account.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the -Accept as Solution- button below.

I have tried everything I can and no success.

Have POP on 19 May 2023 and still times out after 40 minutes.
Very embarrasing as my wife is a proffesional teacher and teaches on Zoom.

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @DAE55 and @rpittenger and welcome to the Zoom Community! If you have recently upgraded your account, but are still being cut off at 40 minutes, please double-check that the license you purchased is assigned to your user. Here are step by step instructions for Assigning Zoom Licenses.
I hope this helps!

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

I suspect that although you have paid for an upgraded account, you have not actually assigned the licence. Zoom does not do this part for you. You will need to act as the account admin and assign the upgraded licence to your account.

Assigning a license

Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
Click User Management, then click  Users.
Locate or search for the user who you want to assign a license. (Your own account)
Click Edit at the end of the user row.
This will open a window.
Choose the User Type to assign.
After choosing the User Type, use the drop down to select the license.
Click Save.

The license is now applied and you can use it immediately.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!