cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom tells me to "pair with a controller" but I'm no using Rooms

gidiav
Listener

This is very strange.  When I try to join a meeting, Zoom enters full-screen mode and tells me to "pair with a controller".  But I'm just on my desktop (Mac) at home, and I don't have Rooms at all (not that I know of).

I can join from the browser, but that has its own issues. 

Any idea how to avoid this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dan_ZoomSE
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Sounds like you may have installed the wrong Zoom application on your computer.  You need Zoom Client for Meetings, not Zoom Rooms for Conference Rooms.

Uninstall Zoom from your Mac, then go to https://zoom.us/download and download/install Zoom Client for Meetings

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 1.24.40 PM.png

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Dan_ZoomSE

Sounds like you may have installed the wrong Zoom application on your computer.  You need Zoom Client for Meetings, not Zoom Rooms for Conference Rooms.

Uninstall Zoom from your Mac, then go to https://zoom.us/download and download/install Zoom Client for Meetings

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 1.24.40 PM.png

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

gidiav
Listener

Thank you.

For the record, this was a bit strange.  I did have the Rooms app and there was some configuration (in Mail) that caused it to open by default for Zoom links.  So after I uninstalled Rooms, I got a dialog asking which app to open, and I was able to choose the regular Zoom app.

HenrietteFaas
Listener

Hi I have the same problem, 

When I switch my iMac on, there is a notification on my screen that says:
"Pair with a controller. Download te Zoom Rooms app on a tablet and enter: U N Z R F L"

But I cannot even use my mouse to click it away.  So I cannot use my computer anymore.
Anyone for help?

Henriette

I have the same problem as Henriette. Please help. I use a PC, when the notification comes on, there is an "Exit" button on the lower left corner which I use to Exit the screen of "Pair with a controller. Download te Zoom Rooms app on a tablet and enter: U N Z R F L". However, the foregoing notification still block my PC from automatically going into Sleep Mode when it is idling. PLEASE HELP! This is very annoying. How to permanently disable this notification?