cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom pricing is "per host" - what does this mean?

davidnbull
Listener

Zoom pricing is "per host" - what does this mean?

My local camera club is moving to Zoom from another videoconferencing system and we are confused about the pricing for the Pro account. When it says pricing is "per host", under what circumstances would we need more than one "host"? Can anyone in the club be the host if they log in using the club's account? Does having a single host licence just mean we can't run more than one meeting at a time?

I can't find clarity on this on the community or support pages. I hope someone can help.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Having more than one host license on a Pro account allows each user to schedule and host meetings independently of one another. With just one licensed user, that account could only have 1 meeting running, but an account with 2 licensed users could have 2 meetings running concurrently of one another. 
Thus, a Pro account with multiple licenses would be good for a small business that doesn't need the minimum of 10 licenses the Business account requires, but still has a few users that need to schedule and host their own meetings without worrying about others running meetings at the same time. 

As for that last question, yes, anyone in the club can be the host if they log in with the club's account, but you cannot have everyone signed-in to the same account at the same time. Also, its not wise to share login credentials with everyone, as that can cause confusion, double-booking, or accidentally deleted meetings if there are too many proverbial cooks in the kitchen. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Bort

Hi @davidnbull 

This means that Zoom's pricing is based on how many Pro users you need on the account, as Pro users on an account can host meetings without any time restrictions, which is the main limitation for free users without a Pro license. 

If you only anticipate needing to run 1 meeting at a time, then an account with just 1 "host" will do fine, but if you need to run multiple concurrent meetings with no time restriction, then you might consider upgrading your account to have more than 1 license. 
Here is more info about running concurrent meetings: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206122046-Can-I-host-concurrent-meetings-

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thanks @Bort  but the link you sent says concurrent meetings requires a business or enterprise or education account. So why would anyone pay for more than one host on a Pro account?

I also asked: "Can anyone in the club be the host if they log in using the club's account?"  I assume the answer is "yes, as long as they don't try to do so simultaneously"?

Thanks again.

Bort

Having more than one host license on a Pro account allows each user to schedule and host meetings independently of one another. With just one licensed user, that account could only have 1 meeting running, but an account with 2 licensed users could have 2 meetings running concurrently of one another. 
Thus, a Pro account with multiple licenses would be good for a small business that doesn't need the minimum of 10 licenses the Business account requires, but still has a few users that need to schedule and host their own meetings without worrying about others running meetings at the same time. 

As for that last question, yes, anyone in the club can be the host if they log in with the club's account, but you cannot have everyone signed-in to the same account at the same time. Also, its not wise to share login credentials with everyone, as that can cause confusion, double-booking, or accidentally deleted meetings if there are too many proverbial cooks in the kitchen. 

Hi We are a small group with meditation 5 times a week. We bought multiple liscences so that others can host but they don't see the scheduled meetings when they log on. When they use the main liscence it triggers a security issue and needs a code.

Are we on the wrong plan?