cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom periodically crashes and reloads only when connected to ethernet

JimmyZiggs
Listener

I noticed other users had similar connectivity issues with ethernet. Is this a known issue, and if so, are there any suggested steps I can take to resolve?  It only happens with zoom - not other meeting apps.  If I am connected to wifi, this error does not occur.  

Thank you for any advice. 

2 REPLIES 2

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @JimmyZiggs suggest maybe restarting your modem/router if connected via ethernet and see if that helps? I would also disable wifi when connected via ethernet.

If on Mac, you can toggle the Wifi to "off". In many cases, you’ll automatically connect to the internet. If not, complete the following steps from apple to enter your network settings. If you aren’t sure what to enter, check with your network administrator or ISP.

Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 4.16.20 PM.png

Windows, you can toggle your Wifi off from the taskbar, and if you successfully connected via ethernet this will change the status within your taskbar from a wifi signal icon to ethernet 'local connection' signal. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I tried to see if it mattered whether I was going through a hub or a direct ethernet connection and it does not.  But if I'm on Wi-Fi I do not have the same problems.  Since it only happens with Zoom, I don't believe there is much else I can troubleshoot on my end, but since others have had a similar experience with ethernet connections dropping off, hopefully there will be a fix sometime soon.