cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom keeps crashing my wifi on Macbook Pro (16 inch, 2019) running Big Sur 11.4

rlove
Listener

I found this thread and it has many examples of users experiencing the same across different OS's and hardware. https://www.reddit.com/r/Zoom/comments/g0vavu/zoom_keeps_crashing_my_wifi_network/

Same thing for me, most meetings I drop off every few minutes and my whole wifi connection drops as well. Can't use chrome or slack, totally offline. It's happened dozens of times and I NEVER drop a connection otherwise. Only in Zoom meetings. I would love to get a solution to this or some understanding of what's happening.

Thanks so much!

13 REPLIES 13

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @rlove, hmm... interesting! I would suggest creating a Web Ticket Request with our Technical Support team. They can take a deeper dive into what's happening. Some troubleshooting recommendations include updating to version 5.7.3. and checking your Network firewall or proxy server settings for Zoom, which could be interfering with your connections. For the rest of the community, we're open to other suggestions or other related ways that have solved your problem! 😄

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Mick_27
Listener

Any solution to this problem yet?

I have the same issue. Zoom crashes and crashes my internet connection too. 

I'm paying for Pro version too and can't even host a meeting!!!

What a rip off!

Only get through a Zoom meeting when on mute and video turned off. Not much good if I need to say something. Every time I try to speak, Zoom freezes then crashes within the first 2 mins.

Constantly having video turned off is just telling everyone else that I'm not interested and probably doing something else!!! 

MrMcTavish
Listener

Zoom Crashes, freezes, says "unstable connection". I have a very expensive router, modem and gigabyte speed. Yet since late January 2022 I have been having major Zoom issues. I cant even be in a meeting without it crashing, if I'm host there's a 30 second delay when screen sharing. Zoom crashes, freezes and I do not know what is wrong with Zoom. When all this is happening everything else on my computer is working great and my internet speed is between 800-1000mbps. This is definitely a Zoom only issue. Please fix this, I'm sure I'm not the only one experiencing this.

did you find a solution for this?

It's a bit of a long shot, but in my case it stopped crashing ever since I put my laptop on a stand with some empty space instead of putting directly on my desk. This releases heat out my the laptop and since then it stopped crashing. Then, to make sure it's not just a coincidence, I put back directly on my desk and it started to crash again while on meeting...So it looks like on my end it's because of the computer overheating.

Thank you for taking the time to respond!

ViniciusVZR
Listener

Same here, started using Zoom and it crashes my ethernet and wifi connection, is terrible and theres a lot of people with the same issues in different foruns

GermanGonzalez
Listener

Same issue happening on this side of the screen (Macbook Pro 2019 running Big Sur). Zoom crashes my Ethernet and/or WiFi connection, using 1Gb Internet Service with Orbi 6e router+3 satellites. It only happens when using Zoom (latest version), and I don't use Proxy services and Zoom has full Incoming/Outgoing permissions in my Firewall. The only workaround that works for me is to restart my computer, which is ridiculous.

qub
Listener

Same issue, Win11 laptop, switched off video hardware acceleration as was advised somewhere else, didn't help. In 2023, Zoom is _the_ only app that crashes on my system, of many. Would love to find out a solution, or just get a a fix. Contact me if you need some logs.

(mine is paid account, btw, to add insult to injury)

PaulMoo7
Listener

Macbook Pro 2019. Zoom crashes my Ethernet and/or WiFi connection, using 1Gb Internet Service. It only happens when using Zoom (latest version), and I don't use Proxy services and Zoom has full Incoming/Outgoing permissions in my Firewall. The only workaround that works for me is to restart my computer, which is ridiculous.

slim_514
Listener

Same here. Really annoying. Any update/solution on this?

ljwayne1
Listener

Also on 2019 MacBook Pro 16".  Zoom problem has cost me money. I run both free and paid accounts.(Paid of clients and partners).  No matter what I do a get at Kernel panic and the all system grinds to a halt.  It is a little better when I run only one monitor but still not good.  "This is a Zoom issue, it seems (if you ask Apple)."  "This is an Apple issue, it seems (if you ask Zoom)."  It is a game of "Pass the Accountability and Take No Action."  Does anyone know if this affects other models / years?  If not, is there a MacBook Pro Model that you know works well with Zoom?  Has Zoom or Apple really stopped trying to avoid the question and come up with something that helps?  Any information / help would be appreciated.