cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom in China

Shelleyhc
Listener

Until recently I was having a weekly zoom meeting with my grandchildren in China.  Now  my son tells me that he can no longer access zoom.   As an ESL  teacher  I have heard from other teachers that  their clients in CHina can no longer use ZOOM.  On the other hand, others say that  ZOOM  is  still working well in China.

On line I found an article in   Sapore di Cina, Traveling in Asia, indicating that  Zoom has been restricted in China for some time unless you are using a VPN.

Can anyone clarify this for me?    I would like to continue holding zoom meetings with family and friends in China.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi,  Shelleyhc

I heard that around August 2020, new users will no longer be able to sign up or purchase new products in China.
I've heard that who in China can participate in conferences held overseas or by existing paying users from China.

However, who in China may not be able to connect unless he/she go through a data center in China, so he/she may not be able to connect unless Meeting host have added China to your available data center settings.

Please check the datacenter settings of your Zoom.

However, this setting is only available for paid licenses.

Sign in https://zoom.us

Ohkawa_0-1632532053198.png

Profile>Transit Datacenter ON and check China

Ohkawa_1-1632532105132.png

Thank you for this advice. I have a paid account, but I do not see China as one of the choices. I added Hong Kong and Taiwan, but don't have a China choice. I am the host of meetings for friends in China. Some of them have not been able to join recently.

i am having the same issue , did you solved this  ?