cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom everyday spams my email and I can't turn it off

AndrewP1
Listener

Everyday I'm getting this spammy email from Zoom with subject "Your Zoom account has used almost all of the available cloud recording storage...". It say that I have used 96% of my available cloud storage. I can't find any options to unsubscribe from those reminders and nor I allowed to access those recordings on my Zoom webportal account because I'm not paid user anymore. How to stop those spam emails?

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @AndrewP1 per Zoom account settings at the user level, I am not sure if disabling email notifications for this setting is possible https://zoom.us/profile/setting. However, note that An email alert will be sent to the billing admin when usage is at 80% of the subscribed storage limit. If the storage limit is reached during a recording, the meeting will continue to record until it is ended; however, next meeting started I believe you will be prompt'd an Error: Unable to start cloud recording. I suggest as the admin to look into the knowledge base article on Managing cloud recording usage limits

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

cpiper77
Listener

@AndrewP1 Are you the guy from YouTube with the binary bot? Everyone is trying to reach you to get the bot. Reply here or to @chrispiper76 on YouTube. I can get a lot of people signing up under your Pocket Options link. I know several people who want your bot. Let me know. Thanks.

deriknelson
Listener

I had the same problem and it drove me nuts. It's impossible to contact Zoom, so I came up with my own solution. Maybe it will help you if you use Apple Mail:

1. Settings > Rules

2. Add Rule

3. Name it "Zoom Spam Emails UGHHH" or similar

4. Set it up in accordance to the following screenshot. Make sure you enter the subject line exactly as it appears from Zoom. The correct copy should be: Your Zoom account has used almost all of the available cloud recording storage

5. Now, only these annoying daily emails will filter automatically to your Trash or Junk!

Hope this helps, I don't contribute to forums very often but after searching and searching and dealing with these awful emails DAILY for 150+ days, I felt called to help rescue others!

deriknelson_0-1697695924996.png