Maintenance is being performed on Zoom's support site on November 4 that may cause support impact. For more information, please click here.
Everything you need to work together, all in one place.Explore Zoom One's Collaboration Tools
Connect virtually from anywhere with Zoom Meetings
Collaborate together with Zoom Chat
Call the world with Zoom Phone
Create and brainstorm with Zoom Whiteboard
Rich conversation analytics to improve sales
Send and receive messages and calendar invitations
Bring fluid interactions to hybrid teams with Zoom Huddles
Remove the hassle of traditional scheduling with Zoom Scheduler
Innovative video solutions for every meeting space.
Solutions to host impactful virtual and hybrid experiences.Find a Solution for Every Event
An omnichannel cloud solution optimized for video.
Zoom solutions elevate collaboration across vertical use cases.Discover Zoom Industry Solutions
Enabling exciting new ways to teach, learn, and connect globally
Transforming client engagement and employee experiences
Improving collaboration between agencies, ministries and constituents
Connecting care, collaboration, and medical innovation
Real-time communication, anywhere in the world
Bridging the in-store and online experiences
Expert support and services for all your design, strategy, implementation, event, and hardware needs.
An open platform that allows developers to build Zoom apps and integrations.
Explore thousands of apps that work with or within Zoom
Explore over 1,500 apps in Zoom App Marketplace
Documentation for building with Zoom's technology using SDKs, APIs, and webhooks
Documentation for building on Zoom's platform using APIs, Webhooks, and SDKs
Post your questions and get help from our developer community
Zoom Partners bring Zoom's communications platform to market through alliance, sales, and service partnerships.
Discover new ways to use Zoom solutions to power your modern workforce.
Access expert-led tutorials on Zoom products and features.
Network with other Zoom users, and share your own product and industry insights.
Get documentation on deploying, managing, and using the Zoom platform.
The most recent versions of Zoom (I have 5.12.9 (10650))seem to think they're TSRs -- when I terminate them they stay resident in memory, keep me signed in, and only appear in the Windows Task Manager's process tab. How do I get Zoom to behave like a normal program and terminate completely when I shut it down?
Nope, doesn't make any difference. Whether I try to close the app that way when signed in or signed out, or with or without closing it using the Windows [X] button at top right, Zoom remains resident in Windows Task Manager (Process tab) until and unless I force close it through WTM by telling it to "End Process."
This is dumb. The default behavior should be the same as default behavior for every other application on my computer. If someone wants something else, they can change it in settings.
Except you can't change it in settings. This is dumb also. This is how you know that technologists are running the company instead of UI or UX people.
Technologists make up 1% of the population, but they force the other 99% of the population to deal with their choices. This is extremely self-centered and selfish. And dumb.
To minimize the Zoom desktop client window so that it continues to run in the background, right-click the Zoom icon in the task bar, then click Close window. To exit the Zoom desktop client, right-click the Zoom icon in the system tray (bottom-right corner), then click Exit
This may help,
Please refer to my previous reply. You recommend "right-click the Zoom icon in the system tray (bottom-right corner), then click Exit," but I already know about that option and have already said that it doesn't work. "Exit" closes the desktop window and the tray icon, just as the Windows [X] button does, but both options leave the process Zoom.exe *32 running in Task Manager.