cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Registration Link Goes to Mobile App

imadpds
Listener

Hi, I'm opening up a meeting where participants have to register for the meeting via the zoom registration page. I use a link shortener so that the URL will look cleaner. Problem is when mobile users open this link, one of three things will happen:

1.  goes straight to the registration page (my experience).
  2. a pop-up will appear to allow the Zoom app to be opened. If you proceed, it'll go open the Zoom app for you to sign in. If you click "Cancel", it'll bring you to the registration page. 
  3. it'll straight away open the Zoom app.

So the feedback we keep getting was that many people are experiencing 2 and 3 saying they can't get through to register. Is there any way of bringing people straight to the Zoom registration page only?

1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @imadpds, without using a URL shortener for the registration link, are you experiencing any of the above when testing?

Essentially, when sending out the registration link this should just take you to the registration page, register for the meeting, and from there you should get the meeting details after registering.

Depending on the Registration tab you can Customize registration settings, such as approval, notification, registration caps, and others.  

You can look into the 'Scheduling a meeting with registration' Kb article for more info on this! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!