cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Meeting Extension in Google Calendar Creates Wrong Host

Tnguyen1
Listener

Hi, 

I have been granted access to schedule Zoom meetings for my colleague (John). However, when I create Zoom meetings for myself and other people (not John) through Google Calendar, the meetings default to having the 'Host' being John instead of my name. 

It's listed as:

'John is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.'

2 REPLIES 2

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Tnguyen1, when you're scheduling a meeting for yourself is your calendar selected rather than Johns? Look into this Zoom Add-on for Google Calendar Scheduling on Behalf of Another User .pdf https://assets.zoom.us/docs/pdf/google-calendar-add-on-scheduling-privilege.pdf, follow through the steps to ensure this is set up correctly and you have your own Google Calendar selected when scheduling rather than Johns. If that makes sense. 🙂Let me know if this helps! I'd also ensure you're up-to-date on Zoom and the plug-in and try signing out and back in to see if this "re-syncs" your settings between your Zoom account and GCal. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Tnguyen1, just checking in on my reply, was my suggestions helpful? If so, don't forget to mark the Accept as Solution button

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!