cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*Zoom Breakout Room Bug* ???

RCX
Listener

The new Zoom Breakout Room feature where you can Add/Rename/Delete while Breakout Room is ongoing.

Host/Co-host is not able to delete a the room if there's a user that joined a room then left.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Host create a meeting.

2. Host create breakout room/s (Room1, Room2, Room3 for example).

3. Participants join the meeting.

4. Participant join breakout room (Room1)

5. Participant left the Zoom Breakout Room / Went back to Main Session / Left the Zoom Meeting.

6. Host is unable to delete Room1 (0 person in Room1). Room2 and Room3 is deletable.

5 REPLIES 5

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @RCX , thank you for your contribution! I know it's been a while since you initially posted this discussion. I'm interested to know if you were able to resolve this issue or if you still need assistance. Please let me know! 

Zoom Community Team 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hello - I am having the same issue. I cannot delete any of the breakout rooms created nor can I add anyone to them. This is before the meeting starts. 
Any help is appreciated.

Welcome @latinoslead , thank you for your contribution to the Zoom community! We are so happy to have you here..

To create, remove, and rename breakout rooms after launch you will need Zoom desktop client version 5.9.3 or higher. This applies to the host, co-hosts, and breakout room participants. 

Note: Adjusting Breakout Rooms while they are open must be enabled for your account by Zoom, enabled in your Breakout Room settings, and have all participants connected through version 5.9.3 or higher. Please reach out to our support team to have this setting enabled 🙂

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

latinoslead
Listener

Hi Carla, 

Two follow up questions. Can you confirm where I find the breakout room setting mentioned above? We have been preloading the breakout rooms then when we launch the rooms they are not available is this related to the same issue?

Hi @latinoslead ,

To view your Breakout room settings, head to https://zoom.us/account/settin, then select In Meeting (advanced),  and scroll until you see the Breakout Room options. Please note that you will need to sign in to the Zoom web page as an administrator with the privilege to edit account settings or account owner in order to make any changes. I would also suggest reviewing the pre-requisites and limitations of pre-assigning breakout rooms here: Breakout rooms enabled with pre-assignment option selected so that you can ensure that you have met all of the prerequisites in order to successfully launch these breakout rooms in the meeting. 

I hope this helps!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team