cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Account Invitations

cesaylor
Listener

Hi,

I would like to edit the invitation email that is sent to users in our tenant. We are a university and all employees and currently-enrolled students are provisioned licensed accounts and sent an email requesting that they activate their Zoom account. Unfortunately, not everyone reads or understands the email instructions. I would like to make it a little easier to understand. Does anyone know if it can be edited, and if so, where can I accomplish this?

Best,

Cindy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jschnell
Listener

If you have a custom vanity URL applied then you should have access to apply custom branding settings, including the email templates, this page has some useful in on getting started https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201363233-Customizing-branding-settings-for-your-vanity-UR... 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

jschnell
Listener

If you have a custom vanity URL applied then you should have access to apply custom branding settings, including the email templates, this page has some useful in on getting started https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201363233-Customizing-branding-settings-for-your-vanity-UR... 

@jschnell   I believe this is going to be the solution for us. We do have a vanity URL, so I plan to review the email template you refer to above this afternoon. Many thanks! 🙂

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @cesaylor 

You could also just send your own personal email to your invitees, after you have sent the automated one, with instructions using your own language - and direct your users ultimately to look at the email from Zoom and click the link there. The personal touch!

Hope this helps.

Rupert

Thanks Rupert. We are already doing this, but it does not seem to translate to all our users as well as we would like, especially 14K students.

Rupert

@cesaylor 

It can be a challenge to get large numbers of people to follow instructions, all in the same way. 

This is true of any system implementation (talking with 20 years of experience).

I would generally do something like this in several passes. Try the blanket approach first. Keep track of who has not followed instructions, then try another approach - a different style. method, time. Keep iterating until you get everyone.

Emailing everyone alone, even over and over, won't ever get everyone.  There will always be some outliers, which will be more labor intensive than others to complete.

@cesaylor If you're using SSO for user authentication, you can eliminate the invitation step altogether  if you create the users via the API and use the SSOCreate provisioning flag (Zoom Support has to enable something on the backend to allow you to use this as I recall).  This will pre-provision the user so they can login via SSO when they're ready without having to accept an email invite to complete their account setup.  https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/users/usercreate . 

Thanks! We are provisioning for SSO, but not yet automated. Still using a manual CSV file until which time we can automate against active students/employees. However, this sounds awesome and I will look into it further.

Sounds like we have similar years of experience. And yes, every time I resend the invitation to be activated, I follow up with an email. I grab about 100 at a time with those, but it would be helpful to get the invitation edited so that we can get better response. Someone has mentioned branding the email and I believe that may be the most immediate solution. Thanks!

alexweefs
Listener

This is true of any system implementation (talking with 20 years of experience).

It can be a challenge to get large numbers of people to follow instructions, all in the same way. 

I would generally do something like this in several passes.

Try the blanket approach first. Keep track of who has not followed instructions, then try another approach - a different style. method, time.

Keep iterating until you get everyone.

Emailing everyone alone, even over and over, won't ever get everyone.

There will always be some outliers, which will be more labor intensive than others to complete.

Dean's Tank Inc.

Abdul559
Listener