cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom A beep sounds during a meeting and the Zoom itself freezes.

Katsu001
Listener

I often hear a loud beep during a Zoom meeting and the Zoom itself freezes. Is there a countermeasure?

My friend's PC is i7 and the memory is 16GB. It uses fiber optic WAN and high speed WiFi.

It started to occur after changing the memory from 4GB x 2 to 8GB x 2. At the same time, the storage is being changed from HDD 1TB to SSD 1TB.

4 REPLIES 4

crchan123
Note Taker | Zoom Employee
Note Taker | Zoom Employee

Hi @Katsu001! I know it has been a while since you initially posted, but I want to make sure you receive assistance. Are you still having this issue? If so, I'd love to help you get it resolved.

Hi @crchan123 , I also have a similar concern and posted the query in the community. I am having storage issues as Zoom allows only 15GB and we need something between 500GB to 1TB. I saw that you offer 1TB for about $100 a month but that is very expensive for us. Downloading on personal laptop is taking about 8-10hours and is painful. Please suggest if you know of any other viable solution, thank you.

I solved this problem by myself. In order to improve the performance of the new notebook computer purchased three years ago, I changed the memory from 4G x 2 to 8GB x 2, and changed from 1TB HDD to 1TB SSD. Then there was a beep. At first, I suspected the security software that was installed at the same time. However, after all, when the memory was returned to the original 4GB x 2 sheets, the problem disappeared. I am very dissatisfied with the fact that for some reason only Zoom has a problem, although other software is working fine. Other specifications: Windows11, CPU Intel i7

Katsu001
Listener

I still need support for this issue.