cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZOOM RECORDED AUDIO BUT NOT VIDEO - JUST BLACK SCREEN

isabella1996
Listener

I recorded a 3 hour zoom interview for my work, no error messages popped up while i was recording, i could see the person i was interviewing and they could see me. All seemed fine, the internet lagged a bit but thats happened before, and no problems.

I convert the video to quicktime, and i just have a black screen, I have all the audio, but no video until the last 8 minutes at the end, where it suddenly comes back.

This has never happened before to me, camera light was on so it must have been recording right? How the hell do i get the video, this was a once in a lifetime interview, not going to get the same emotions and dialogue again.

Zoom has messed with my job - please tell me there is a way to get this video back.

I'm on a Macbook pro, i have done loads of zooms in the past with no problems - what the hell happened????!!!

I am very stressed, any help would be appreciated. If no help comes, zoom obviously has a system issue they dont know how to fix 😕 

1 REPLY 1

Rhodri_James
Listener

I'm having the same problem: audio records just fine, but the video is just a black screen.  I'm fully updated to Zoom 5.17.10 (3512) on Linux Mint.  Before my last-but-one upgrade recordings had been working fine for years, but now they seem to be broken.

I did manage to get a video recording to partially work, recording in gallery view with one other person in the meeting.  I could see the other person just fine, but there was a blank space where my video should have been.  Now I'm not even getting that.