cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't launch

dean007
Listener

Have been using zoom basic for years. recently installed update. I click launch and wait and wait and iI never see the open screen. I'm on windows.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled.. same problem. 

3 REPLIES 3

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @dean007, thank you for posting for the first time and welcome to the Zoom Community!

Let's start by uninstalling the Zoom desktop application completely from your computer.  

Remove Zoom from the Control Panel

1. In the Windows search bar, search for Control Panel.
  2. Click the Control Panel app.
  3. If Control Panel is set to Category view, click Uninstall a Program.
    Alternatively, if View by is set to Large or Small icons, click Programs and Features
  4. Select Zoom in the programs list, then click Uninstall.
  5. If prompted Are you sure you want to uninstall Zoom?, click Yes.

Run CleanZoom to remove Zoom completely

To remove Zoom completely, including any configuration filesrun CleanZoom on your device.

1. Download and run CleanZoom (updated July 25, 2023).
    Note: Use of the clean uninstaller will completely remove the Zoom desktop client, as well as the Zoom plugin for Outlook. The Outlook add-in, Chrome/Firefox extensions, and Google Workspace add-on are unaffected.

After doing so we will need to reboot the device and then reinstall the Zoom application.

Let me know if that helps!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

did this but it still doesn't work

Shields24601
Listener

Hello,

I started having the same issue last week. I couldn't get Zoom to load in the browser or the app to launch.

I found a temporary fix. I downloaded the 32-bit client instead of the 64-bit and have been able to use that one. Not all the features work, but I am able to at least have a meeting. 

I hope that helps.