cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do my participants get a redirect notice when joining a meeting?

LarryMac
Listener

Participants in my meetings have been telling me they are getting a redirect notice when they try to join. They go to a blank page with a 'redirect notice' headline. The body says 'the page you were on is trying to send you to https...(specific zoom URL)'. I'm not sure why this is happening and what to do to make sure it doesn't happen again. 

10 REPLIES 10

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @LarryMac , would you be able to send us a screenshot of what they are seeing? This will help our experts with understanding the issue. Thank you!

Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Thanks @CarlaA . See image below.

Like many other enquiries, this one is not answered properly.

When the message pops up, it does not seem to serve any purpose, since clicking to accept the redirection works fine.

The questions is, What is this redirection notice there for?

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi Larry! I opened the image and I am unable to see the redirect notice. Could you try sending a new image of the entire screen? Thank you! 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Not sure what happened there. Here's the screen grab that a client sent me.

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Thank you!  If they are clicking into a Zoom meeting link from a calendar invite it is expected that they are redirected. If they are joining from the Zoom Website then this should be what is seen:

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 4.02.23 PM.png

I hope this helps!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

I am also being told recipients are being redirected when they receive a Zoom invite. And I'm being told that it is just when they receive Zoom invites from me and not from other people, even when other people send via Google Calendar.

mbrown1
Listener

I'm also looking for an answer to this question, I've attached the screenshot of what my attendee is seeing. 

Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 2.56.45 PM.png

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

I believe that is a redirect notice provided by Google, rather than Zoom, as I run into that page when clicking on other non-Zoom links from a Google Doc or email. Not sure if there is a way to prevent that, as a couple of Google searches doesn't bring up much. 

Thanks, Bort! I was able to connect with Zoom support via chat who said it looks like the device has security and wants to verify to the user to confirm the link provided and that this is due to its device and not by Zoom.