cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I suddenly limited to 40 minutes on my Zoom account. I am never in a meeting over 2.

msmiller
Listener

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @msmiller you can see more information on the change mentioned within the KB May 2, 2022 - Free account meeting duration changes

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

TheMark
Listener

Free Zoom accounts are limited to 40 minutes for multipoint, or group, calls. Calls with only one other person do not have this limitation. More info on plans at the link below:

https://zoom.us/pricing 

Hi, I am also having the same problem: the 40-min time limit kicking in when it's just a one-to-one meeting. Definitely no other participants logged in. I am only getting this for one of my regular meetings, others are fine. Do you have any advice?

But it says 40 minutes if over 3 people. I only have two?

msmiller
Listener

Hi -  I am still having the problem - It's sporadic but annoying when it happens.  I never have more than 2 people in a meeting. 

Zoom has ignored my inquiries. 

henrikalsen
Listener

I have the same issue for 2 participants. It's always been unlimited for 1-1 calls, but now it's limited to 40min. Has the limit been introduced for 2 participants too?

I just experienced this today as well. Only me and one other person - this is a long-standing recurring meeting too, so not sure how it changed. 

I found the answer elsewhere - the basic plan changed. I'll be switching all of my meetings out of Zoom since I already have another service that I pay for - just needed the nudge to get these last few stragglers transfered over. 

I will be leaving  Zoom as well.  Google meet seems to work well.

Where did you find the answer?  Did the basic free plan change to 40 minutes with one person?

CarolAnne
Listener

Hi. I have a long standing one-on-one lesson with a student on Zoom and only today (after many weeks of lessons with him) did I get a time warning, even quite a bit before 40 minutes. So we quit and returned, but that is a hassle. Where did you see the notice of the basic plan changing?

i am having the exact same problem, i tutor and this has only started happening recently, very annoying

VeronicaSam
Listener

Having absolutely the same problem. Officially basic plan still allows everyone to use 1-1 calls in practice, however we're experiencing these problems. WTF?

msmiller
Listener

I know!  I found out ( by looking on their website) that all meetings will cost now. Even the 40 minute kind and no matter the number of attendees.  I had to buy the basic plan while I look around for something else. There was no warning, at least as far as I know!

Actually, it turns out the 40 minute meetings remain free, though there are those obnoxious reminders even 20 minutes in that the session will end soon. So, I would have to quit, along with my student, before the 40 minute mark, and then we'd both rejoin (using the same link) but that will get tiresome. I was thinking of switching to FaceTime, but I do really appreciate--as a more 'mature' tutor--having the ability on Zoom to soften my 'visage'. 🙂  So, I may end up capitulating and purchase the lowest cost plan via Zoom while I'm still an active tutor. Sigh...

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @msmiller you can see more information on the change mentioned within the KB May 2, 2022 - Free account meeting duration changes

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

This change is not supposed to go into effect until July 15, 2022. So why is it cutting off 2-person (1:1) meetings at 40 minutes now? 

Just move to Google Teams / Google meet. Far better. Zoom are not replying.