cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the phone app to dial into a meeting from my PC?

TECHNOLOGYSUCKS
Listener

I recently received a link and a phone number to join a Zoom Meeting. I opened the Zoom app and logged in but couldn't find a/the desktop phone app to call in and join the rest of my co-workers in the meeting. Can anyone tell me how to access the/a phone on my laptop? I have now missed 2 meetings and I posted this question  2 wseeks ago and the only response I got was from Andrew2 saying he didn't understand my question. I would appreciate  anyone telling me  because Jobs are hard to find and if I miss another meeting you can be sure I won't have a job. Thank you very much and have a wonderful day

2 REPLIES 2

Bill_Wright
Listener

If you received a web link to join the meeting, then that is what you use to join, not a phone number. Make sure you have downloaded the zoom app onto you pc/laptop first.

Then in your web browser, access the link provided. You should get a request to launch the zoom app, do that and you should be invited into the waiting room where the host can admit you to the meeting.

A  phone number is only used if you are calling in voice only on a telephone, which is not a very good way to attend a video meeting.

I used the link and had zoom on my PC for nearly 2 years . I have participated in many other meetings but this time nothing worked. I had the link and supplied the code and still yet nothing did anything. So I thought I will call in at least I could hear and participate that way but had no way of calling in because no phone was provided on my PC to make that happen. So if I'm understanding you right when someone sends you a link to a zoom call in meeting there isn't a phone app in zoom to access the zoom call in meeting for PC? That makes no sense to me. Why would you need zoom if it is a call in meeting why not just use a conference call? Maybe I have it all wrong but conference calls have been used since the dinosaurs roamed the earth. I had the right link and code and verified it with some of my associates that were in attendance during the zoom meeting. I even tried different browsers and I'm telling whoever it wasn't working and there wasn't a live support person nor an AI  robot to get help from. Thanks for your instructions which were/are the zoom instructions that was not working. Blessings to you and all you love