cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is my recording? Can I upgrade to access it?

MobileNotary
Listener

With an unpaid basic account, where do I find zoom recordings that are not in the local recordings? The meeting was set to record to Local but it is not there. Will I need to upgrade in order to access a recording or should I assume the meeting has not been recorded?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @MobileNotary if locally recorded, you can find that recording in your Zoom desktop client, under 'meetings' 👉 'recorded' and you will see the locally recorded videos from there. You can also go to zoom.us/recording to see all cloud recording if available or the path for local recordings.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @MobileNotary if locally recorded, you can find that recording in your Zoom desktop client, under 'meetings' 👉 'recorded' and you will see the locally recorded videos from there. You can also go to zoom.us/recording to see all cloud recording if available or the path for local recordings.

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Hi, I recorded a meeting when I was using my ipad, however I just got told that I would not be able to find it on the ipad unless I was using an upgraded ZOOM subscription. May I know if it gets stored anywhere on the IPAD? also if I upgraded my account, will I be able to retrieve the recording again? 

Ileanaw
Listener

Hi There @RN I am trying to retrieve a recording. I was a cohost at a meeting. I pressed record. Now, I can see the file in my documents but I can't open the file.  I don't know the best way to access it.  can you help?

Ileana

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Ileanaw as suggested and if locally recorded, you can find that recording in your Zoom desktop client, under 'meetings' 👉 'recorded'. Were you not able to? 

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 9.06.54 AM.png

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Ileanaw
Listener

That is the problem. I don't see it in the desktop client. It is only in my documents.  I was a cohost on the Zoom. It wasn't my zoom. 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Ah @Ileanaw, apologies, only the host can initiate a Local Recording. If another participant would like to record, the host will need to provide permission to that participant during the meeting which it sounds like the Host gave you co-host permissions, so you should be good there.

What is the file type of the recording? If you go to https://zoom.us/recording/local is that the path of the recording where you see the file? 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Ileanaw
Listener

I got cohost permission to record.  the file is not in "Local Recording." It is in my documents.  But it doesn't allow me to click on the file. I can see it. 

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 10.36.56 AM.png

 Above is the screengrab of the file. So I see it but can't access it. 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Ileanaw it should be in your documents as my local recordings are stored there.  If you go to https://zoom.us/recording/local you should see something like this and you can open

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 12.32.23 PM.png

Open Zoom.us

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 12.33.57 PM.png

And it should open a folder associated with the recording. Double-click on the .mp4 file if you have it. Are you able to open it with your local media player?

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 12.34.48 PM.png

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his