cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webcam Not Being Detected

HC33
Listener

Hello,

I just got off the phone with Canon and they cannot figure this out so I was hoping I could get some assistance here.

I have a Canon M50 I am trying to use as a webcam. I have the webcam utility already installed and the camera shows up on other applications just fine. 

For some reason with Zoom the webcam Utility is not showing up. I have tried all the basics such as uninstalling and reinstalling but still there is no camera found. 

My computer is a Mac M1. I have tried both the web version and the desktop version. I have made sure there are no other programs running in the background that would cause it not to show. 

Thanks for any help!

18 REPLIES 18

Mandya_H
Listener

Please check if anti-virus on your device is blocking the camera access on your computer/device for third party applications such as zoom.

Hello, Yes I have checked this and don't have anything that could be blocking it.

Nafi
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hi

Are u using virtual camera before? Like obs or else? That could be affected, please make sure u already clean uninstall that.

Also maybe fresh install zoom with the latest version will be help. 

Hope it helps! please like and mark this as solution so whenever someone has the same question this content will help.

I am Zoom Enthusiast (Part of PT. Kayreach System, Indonesia Authorized Reseller, Certified Zoom Room, Zoom Phone, and Pro AV Integrator)

No, I am using a canon m50.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling with the latest software and still is not working. 

The camera is working in both Loom and Skype just not Zoom.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey, @HC33 @aladdin32 check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwTuQTOQh4M&t=189s which will break down on How to set up the Canon EOS M50 as a webcam. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hello Nafi,

Thank you.

The full Uninstall of Zoom, and re-install of latest version fixed the web cam problem! If you are using Win 10 or later, you do not need to restart or log out the computer for the fix to work. This will reinstall your interface firmware drivers for webcam to software for Zoom.

Zoom latest version may be found here:
Download Center - Zoom

Enjoy.

//Ex

aladdin32
Listener

Hi,

I have the same exact issue, please let me know if solved! thanks.

4lk1s
Listener

I have solved this problem.
Uninstall the M1 Chip version. 
Reinstall the Intel chip version 

After that the EOS Webcam utility is recognized borth in Zoom and in OBS.

Seems like there is a bug in the M1 version. 

Do you mean the M1 Chip version of the camera software ? Why it was working with Skype ?

Ajipower
Listener

I have same problem
I am using ASUS TUF A15
every open online meeting apps the camera and microphone have a problem
I don't know how to fix it

Wzhang
Listener

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue and tried everything. Last year I solved it eventually by using an older version of Zoom (and always ignore the updates). But today, Zoom forced me to update, otherwise I can't log in. And after updating, the Canon camera is no longer recognized...and also my canon camera is recognized on Teams, Skype, OBS everything except for latest version of Zoom. 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Wzhang can you please share the following:

What options do you have for your camera with the client? And what are you using for your Canon, OBS?

Ex:

Screen Shot 2023-02-06 at 1.23.28 PM.png

Also, what version are you currently on?

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Thanks for your reply.

1. Options for camera in the zoom interface, there is currently no option (since I'm only connected my Cannon camera with my computer and it's not detected)

Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 21.05.12.png

2. Cannon connection: I directly used USB and Canon EOS webcam utility (when the camera is recognized, in the camera options it shows Canon EOS webcam utility)

3. Current version of Zoom: 

Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 21.10.53.png

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Wzhang hmm, I would suggest maybe uninstalling EOS (https://support.ecamm.com/en/articles/4313054-uninstalling-the-canon-eos-utility-beta-webcam-plug-in), reboot and reinstalling from https://www.usa.canon.com/support/eos-utilities

What macOS version are you running and are you on silicon chipset or intel chipset? 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Hi @RN, I'll give uninstalling another try (did it last year but maybe they have a newer version now). My Mac version is Monterey v 12.5.1 and I have a M1 chip on silicon. Thank you. 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@Wzhang gotcha no worries! Wasn't sure if EOS had M1 support as I saw a previous case with the question of EOS | M1 support, but good to know! 🙂  

But give it an uninstall and reinstall and see if that helps Zoom recognize after installing drivers and setting up. 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Just as an update. Reinstalling didn't work out in the end. I just gave up Canon Webcam Utility and went for HDMI + Cam Link solution instead. And now it works with Zoom just fine!

The Canon Webcam Utility does Not work with zoom. 
As soon as I uninstall the driver zoom starts working again, Will also go with a HDMI solution, Just need to find a HDMI cable that is not So fat.