cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual background

FAQ
Listener

Hi,

I use a MacBook Air and I need to use the virtual background without using a green or a blue background for my meetings but unfortunately I don t have such an option, because the pictures are not enable to use them. The only choice which the app allows me to use the virtual background is by using a green or a blue background. I deleted and re-install the app but nothing. I also tried to fix it using the manually-option but still no result. 

Could anyone give me a solution?

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @FAQ 

We would need to know the exact hardware specification of your MacBook Air to be able to determine if your device can support virtual background without a greenscreen. 

Generally, if you don't have the option, it means the device cannot support that particular feature. 

FAQ
Listener

Hi Bort,

below you could find attached the technical specifications of my lap top

Bort

Hi @FAQ 

Unfortunately, it seems your Macbook Air's processor does not meet the system requirements for "image only without a green screen", as listed here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360043484511-Zoom-Virtual-Background-system-requirements

Hi Bort,

Yes but my Macbook Air's processor operates with macOS Monterey, version 12.6.1 which means that is one of the system requirements for "image only without a green screen", the below one:

• macOS 10.13 or later

Bort

Your device's processor and the OS running on the system are separate items and both need to be met for this feature to work.