cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual background picture

cjwillis07
Listener

I want to use a picture (png) for my virtual background but when I upload, the picture has a black background vs. white which is the intended color.  How do I fix this and why is it happening.  I have a PC

7 REPLIES 7

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Not sure what you mean. Can you provide a screenshot? 

cjwillis07_0-1631897619849.pngcjwillis07_1-1631897668099.png

cjwillis07
Listener

any ideas Bort???

Bort

Its likely that the image you are using is transparent, so the white is being replaced with your video feed. Save a copy as a jpg and then use that version as your background. That should resolve the transparency of the image and allow it to work properly as a virtual background. 

Hello BorI

have a similar issue with background image. When I setup a background for a meeting my FaceTime Camera capture my image but in transparency on the background instead of original effect.I'm using a Mac with macOS Big Sur, there are some settings that I have to manage for keeping FaceTime image in the foreground??

Thank you very much

Schermata 2021-10-16 alle 11.40.10.png

Bort

Looks like you need to adjust the color that the virtual background is replacing. In the small grey banner in the video preview window has the option to adjust the color the feature is replacing in your video. Try using that to improve the virtual background feature. You may need to adjust your lighting to ensure the background is evenly lit and colored. 

Ashley-CHI
Listener

Is there a way to keep the transparency?

For example, we would like to display a sidebar with five logos on it, but everyone would keep their background settings. I have been able to superimpose this on a recording, but we would love to have this feature enabled for a conference in a few weeks. Right now when I upload the PNG the transparency turns black (like OP) and hides the background that we would like to be showing