cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video only works in Shared Screen mode, not in regular?!

PDJHS
Listener

I have never heard of this / seen this one before.  A board member is using a plug-in camera with a desktop, Logitech brand (I do not know the model # yet). 

It was working for him until about November (and this being for other platforms too - not just Zoom). At some point, he explains, it stopped sending his video to others in a call. It is not covered, and he can see himself in his square, but they can't see him!  Testing using zoom.us/test to check his mic, speaker and camera, everything looks right. But join a meeting, his video square is just blank/black.  Permissions are in place to allow apps to use the camera.

But then weirdest thing - today with some testing, he discovers that when in White Board mode, or in Screen Sharing mode (someone else sharing), suddenly, they can see him!

I walked him through removing the device drivers entirely, then plugging it back in to auto-detect. Checked the permissions (as noted), re-installing the app (again this affects any video platform he uses too though).

Anyone ever seen this before?  Got any other ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. I wanted to provide an update. The user did check that section, but found adjusting that Video Capture Method did not change the condition.  Other people in the call would still only get the image from his camera when someone was in Screen Sharing mode.

What ended up suddenly working was disabling HD mode. Once off, image through to the other members worked. Not sure why that is, considering this is a new camera (just a few months old) and is supposed to be HD grade by Logitech. But for what he wants, this is enough for him to be satisfied now after a long road of no video.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

PDJHS
Listener

No? No thoughts at all on this?  😞

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @PDJHS welcome to the community! Could you do me a favor and check the video capture method? If you go to your Zoom Settings within the Zoom client > Video > advanced > Video Capturing Method

You may want to switch between video capturing methods to determine what capturing method works with your camera. You will need to close and re-open the client after you have chose a capturing method when testing.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. I wanted to provide an update. The user did check that section, but found adjusting that Video Capture Method did not change the condition.  Other people in the call would still only get the image from his camera when someone was in Screen Sharing mode.

What ended up suddenly working was disabling HD mode. Once off, image through to the other members worked. Not sure why that is, considering this is a new camera (just a few months old) and is supposed to be HD grade by Logitech. But for what he wants, this is enough for him to be satisfied now after a long road of no video.