cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video freezes, then zoom freezes, then unable to re-enter meeting

char212
Listener

Hi all, 

I can have a zoom meeting on for a decent length of time, then suddenly my personal video freezes, then after a minute or 2, zoom goes 'grey' , blue circle of death comes on,  and can't control the app in any way, can't minimize even. Must use Task manager to exit meeting and close the zoom app, then when you re-open zoom all Blue Buttons are greyed out, and you can't join back into your meeting. I have tried to force stop and still can't 'join a meeting' which causes me to have to restart my computer and log back into everything, often missing vital meeting info. Plus having to do an emergency restart has caused me to lose important data .   I am not even getting unstable internet warnings or anything prior. I also have a UPS hooked up just in case of power bumps and have never lost internet due to power failure since.  I have uninstalled the app, and reinstalled / updated to no avail.  Naturally, These are major issues when trying to work.  Any help is greatly appreciated.    I'm signed in under my personal basic account, and joining a company meeting ( paid account for the host)  in case that means anything.   I have been working on the same computer for months and only recently experiencing this issue so wondering if its Update related. Any help is greatly appreciated.   Thank you in advance 

6 REPLIES 6

bee12
Listener

I am having the exact same issue but do not see any solutions that work online.  I put in a support ticket with Zoom over 24 hours ago and have not heard back.  

Ok, if you hear back, mind updating me?  It's causing major issues with my work 

rafeather
Listener

I am having the same problem.

KeyWrangler
Listener

I, too, can rely on Zoom freezing, in all or virtually meetings.  It sometimes happens immediately, sometimes after several minutes or more. However, I am able to end the session, restart Zoom and rejoin.  The freezing then reoccurs.  Sometimes, if the moderator changes screen modes, the action resumes, but soon freezes again.

bee12
Listener

After I clean uninstalled Zoom and reinstalled it the most current version it was working without the video.  Now I have done option one in this attachment with recommendations from Driver Easy.com and will try a meeting with my video as soon as I can get time.    I tried it with camera yesterday for about 6 minutes and it was fine - my attendee could not stay longer to test it. 

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fixed-zoom-crashing/#fix1

salmawisoky
Listener

Experiencing video issues and being unable to re-enter a Zoom meeting can be frustrating. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check your internet connection: Unstable or slow internet can cause video freezing or disconnection issues. Ensure that you have a stable internet connection by testing your connection speed or trying a different network if possible.

1. Restart the Zoom app: Close the Zoom application completely and relaunch it. This can help resolve any temporary software glitches that may be causing the video freezing or zooming problems.

1. Clear Zoom cache: Zoom stores temporary files that can sometimes cause issues. Clearing the cache can help. To do this, go to the Zoom settings, navigate to the "Advanced" tab, and click on "Clear Cache" or "Clear Data."

1. Disable HD video or video enhancements: If you are experiencing video freezing or hanging issues, try disabling HD video or any video enhancements in the Zoom settings. Lowering the video quality can help improve the stability of the video stream.

1. Update Zoom: Ensure that you are using the latest version of the Zoom app. Updates often include bug fixes and performance improvements that can address video-related issues.

1. Restart your device: If the problem persists, try restarting your computer or mobile device. This can help resolve any underlying software issues that may be affecting the Zoom app.

1. Contact Zoom support: If you have tried the above steps and are still experiencing issues, it may be helpful to reach out to Zoom support for further assistance. They can provide specific troubleshooting advice based on your situation.

Remember, if you encounter recurring issues with the Drift Boss  app, it can also be helpful to test other video conferencing platforms or consult with your IT department to ensure there are no network or system-related problems affecting your video meetings.