cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video freeze

Grace21
Listener

After months of successful ZOOM 1:1 meetings where I am host, now my video picture of the other person keeps freezing mid call, meanwhile their video picture of me continues fine.  This happens whoever I am meeting.  When they close their video and then open it my video picture of them unfreezes for a short while before refreezing again.I have tried accessing Zoom meetings from a different location to check if I have bandwidth problems (no change), undertaken full virus scan of my computer (no change) ... help please.

4 REPLIES 4

Dom
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi @Grace21 ,

Please try to upgrade your client to our new release: 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362233-Upgrade-update-to-the-latest-version

If this does not resolve the issue right away, please go to Settings - Video - Advanced and disable the hardware acceleration for receiving video: 

Dom_0-1629726496913.png

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

I am having the same video freeze problem. I am on a iMac with the latest Zoom update. I will be in the middle of a call and my video freezes. I don't have it on HD, but regular. My internet speeds are fine. Every zoom call I have had in the last few months freezes at some point in the call. Then I have to stop the video and start it again. It works for a bit and then freezes again.

I am on iMac with Ventura 13.1.

It may be a virus, I have the same problem, my video freezes and goe into B&W high contrast after some 10 to 30 seconds. I'll try the solution from Dom

Video works again! after updating, Thanks, Dom!