Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Quality on OBS Streams

timoRacke
Listener

Hi all,
happy new year to everyone.
As i am digging actually into streaming with OBS and Zoom i have a question regarding the max. video quality that can be achieved within the basic zoom client.
Just no matter how many participants involved my maximum Video/Streaming resolution is 640x430 instead of the configured 1080p. Is this a limitation to the basic zoom account or is there any "trick" to make OBS streaming work in FullHD in a basic Zoom Meeting.

(There should also not be any bandwidth issues as there is a persistant 400MBit/s syncr. broadband connection available.)

Thanks for any help and information.
(Form my perspective the product description of zoom is not very clear here.)

Timo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

stephanehanrez
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Zoom will auto adapt the video quality to your screen size in order to save bandwidth. So if you want it to be HD (720p) you should have your zoom window opened full screen.

1080p is not enabled by default as it has some drawbacks. If can be easily activated on your profile if you require it, that's something you should ask to your account representative. But be aware that there are some limitations to 1080p, e.g. it doesn't support Virtual Backgrounds + all participants need to request 1080p for it to be sent, if only one participant reduce its window and start requesting less than 1080p, then it will drop to 720p for all participants. Same if any participant is on a mobile device as the zoom mobile app doesn't support 1080p.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

stephanehanrez
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Zoom will auto adapt the video quality to your screen size in order to save bandwidth. So if you want it to be HD (720p) you should have your zoom window opened full screen.

1080p is not enabled by default as it has some drawbacks. If can be easily activated on your profile if you require it, that's something you should ask to your account representative. But be aware that there are some limitations to 1080p, e.g. it doesn't support Virtual Backgrounds + all participants need to request 1080p for it to be sent, if only one participant reduce its window and start requesting less than 1080p, then it will drop to 720p for all participants. Same if any participant is on a mobile device as the zoom mobile app doesn't support 1080p.

timoRacke
Listener

Hi Stephane,
fine thanks for the reply.
So i also played arround a bit and in the end 720p was working as expected.

KR, Timo