Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded Zoom to Large meetings, but in the meeting only 100 could enter

A_Kirschner
Listener

6 REPLIES 6

A_Kirschner
Listener

I want to ask if there may be a glitch?   When I upgraded and paid for large meetings add on, participants trying to join my meeting were receiving the 'maximum participants in this meeting' email.    A short while later, more than 100 participants could enter.   Why do you think that was?

Hey @A_Kirschner did you have a license beforehand assigned to the host? Before a user can have a Large Meeting, Webinar, and/or Zoom Events license, they will need to be Licensed. After purchasing a new license, you will need to assign it to a user or yourself (host).

Each license can only be assigned to one user at a time. Licenses of the same type, such as webinars and Large Meetings, do not compound or stack when multiple of the same type are assigned to a user. 

More info within the KB on Assigning a license

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

A_Kirschner
Listener

Hi there,

Thank you for your response.   I’m replying on behalf of Alan Kirschner as I was the person running the specific meeting that we’re referring to on Alan Kirschner’s Zoom account.

We did upgrade, for 1 month, to large meetings about 1 week before the workshop took place.   The account holder, Alan Kirschner, was assigned to the host, Alan Kirschner as we used his Zoom account for the large meeting.   We only have 1 other user and that is me, Kirsty Stockdale.

Is there any other reason why we could have issues?  Is there perhaps a ‘waiting room’ limit that needed to be set up to receive up to 1000 participants?  We cannot think as to why the participants trying to join the meeting, were receiving the maximum limit message.

With warm regards

Kirsty

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @A_Kirschner 

Did you see @RN response about assigning that large-meeting add-on? After purchasing a new license, you will need to assign it to a user or yourself, before that add-on is applied to those meetings. 

A_Kirschner
Listener

Hi Bort, 

Yes, thank you, I did see the previous reply regarding giving the user access to the large meeting app.  We have purchased the large meeting app twice now and both times I've had to check the box for the large meeting app.  It worked in our workshop on the 6th of April but not in the workshop on the 3rd of June.   

Is there perhaps any other reason for the issue we had?

Many thanks,

Kirsty

A_Kirschner
Listener

Hi there,   just checking if there is a response to my last message?  Many thanks.