cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected Zoom crash: The host couldn't end the breakout room session

Kohei0919
Listener

We had a large meeting tonight with over 240 participants. Before kicking off breakout room sessions( self-chosen feature to a room), we set over 30 teachers as co-hosts. Then, half of the participants could enter their breakroom without any problems, however, the rest of them couldn't enter, even choose a room.  Then, another worst thing that happened to us, as the host of the meeting, I couldn't end the breakout room session...  What is a solution for the next meeting? Any help I need..

【Situation detail】

The number of participants: about 240 people

Co-host number : over 30 people

Internet connection : 47Mbps

2 REPLIES 2

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Kohel0919, interesting. The only thing I could think right away is assuming everyone isn't up-to-date. Participants not joined with the desktop or mobile app (version 5.3.0 or higher) will not be able to self-select a breakout room. The host will need to facilitate moving these participants manually. With that being said, ensure that all participants are on the Desktop Client or have the Zoom App and are running Zoom version 5.3 or higher. 

I would also reach out to our Zoom technical support team to further investigate what potentially happened. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

IPAV
Listener

Hello.
This situation also is happening to our organization.

We are used to have 7/8 hours session with many different breakout rooms, screen shares and fully using zoom resources without any problems. 

Suddenly, on September 26th, on a very important meeting with 400 people, zoom crashed during the breakout rooms with no possibility to control breakout rooms anymore (main zoom account suporte@ipav.pt).

The same situation happened twice this morning in another meeting with 250 people with the licensed account escolasubuntu@ipav.pt.

I really hope the only solution you have to give us is not to ensure that everyone has their desktop or mobile application up to date... How can we guarantee such a thing and how can it cause the meeting to collapse for everyone?

Looking forward to read your feedback.