cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized student host

Teachergr3
Listener

I use zoom to teach distance learning classes. Today, one of my students somehow displayed as a host in two separate classes. I did not invite them. I checked by their name and it was still showing as an option for me to click add as host. How can this be possible?

How do I stop it? 

This student was being disruptive with these privileges and had to be removed. 

3 REPLIES 3

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Please describe what security options were enabled for the meeting.

• Authenticated users only
  • Registration required
  • Waiting room
  • Passcode

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360041848151-In-meeting-security-options 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Teachergr3
Listener

zoom 1.pngzoom 3.pngzoom 2.png These are my security settings.  I provide a link to the meeting for them to click on, and since they are young it is way easier not to have a passcode or any of that.  I don't see how that should matter with this issue anyways.  I don't understand how he can give himself host privaleges. 

Vinnie

Hello @Teachergr3 

In addition to the excellent recommendations (and I would say also good practice) done by @Frank_TB , I suspect that student  somehow might have gained access to your "Host Key" and that is how is "rising" to the role or "Host" when joining the meetings.

💡  I would highly recommend/encourage you changing your "Host Key" as a precautionary measure.

It is a 6-digit numeric 🔑 code;  you will find it by Login into your Zoom Portal and then "PERSONAL > Profile" scroll down until you find the "Meeting" grouping. Never use an obvious number combination

Vinnie