cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to join computer audio - audio not working

adriannemeldrum
Listener

Hello,

Zoom has been giving me issues with either not being able to join through computer audio or sometimes while I'm in a meeting, the mic stops working. 

I've followed the troubleshooting guides and tried the following:

• Update Zoom
  • Drivers updated for camera and audio
  • Uninstall/reinstall Zoom
  • Unplug and replug the camera
  • Restarting the computer

None of these are working. If I do restart, I can get into the meeting but about 10 minutes in, the audio stops working. People can see me but not hear me and then I get the message that the "mic has stopped working". 

Thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4

joycaldwell888
Listener

This is happening to me also.  This exact thing.  I do not like paying for the service but I can't use it due to this issue.  Have you found any remedy?

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi adriannemeldrum,

sometimes audio issues are specific to a specific pc, operating system, etc.

Questions

Does your computer meet zoom minimum requirements?

Zoom system requirements: Windows, macOS, Linux – Zoom Support

What computer device are you using, such as dell xps 8930 or iphone 14?

What firmware are you using such as ios 16.3?

What operating system, version and build are you using such as windows 11 pro, version 22H2?

What client are you using such as zoom windows client 5.13.5, zoom ios client 5.13.5?

What microphone are you using such as Logitech brio, firmware version 2.0.58?

Supported USB HID devices for the Zoom desktop client – Zoom Support

What are your zoom audio settings such as microphone (Logitech BRIO), automatically adjust microphone volume, audio profile – zoom optimized audio, original sound for musicians, advance signal processing by windows audio device drivers and echo cancellation?

Statistics – overall and audio. 

Overall - How much cpu and memory are being used when issues encountered?

Audio – what are latency, jitter and packet loss when issues encountered?

Do you have another devise that is working correctly?  If so, please provide details.

in case you have not seen the zoom audio troubleshooting support articles, this may be helpful

Troubleshooting audio issues – Zoom Support

thanks,  eliot

adriannemeldrum
Listener

Hi Eliot,

Talk about a long list of things! I'll do my best. 

Does your computer meet zoom minimum requirements?

YES

What computer device are you using, such as dell xps 8930 or iphone 14?

Dell XPS 8950

What firmware are you using such as ios 16.3?

What operating system, version and build are you using such as windows 11 pro, version 22H2?

Windows 11, V22H2 (last updated on Feb 7, 2023)

What client are you using such as zoom windows client 5.13.5, zoom ios client 5.13.5?

Version: 5.13.7 (12602)

What microphone are you using such as Logitech brio, firmware version 2.0.58?

Webcam mic for Logitech c920 7.5.1023

What are your zoom audio settings such as microphone (Logitech BRIO), automatically adjust microphone volume, audio profile – zoom optimized audio, original sound for musicians, advance signal processing by windows audio device drivers and echo cancellation?

Inside of Zoom, my settings are: Zoom optimized audio  - auto. 

Statistics – overall and audio. 

Overall - How much cpu and memory are being used when issues encountered?

See attached images

However, the error is not consistent. I can't get it to replicate today but I have had it happen twice on Monday.

Audio – what are latency, jitter and packet loss when issues encountered?

Jitter - then loss

Do you have another devise that is working correctly?

My iPad Zoom is working!

desertstar
Listener

I have the same computer, Dell XPS 8930 tower.  I cannot use this computer on Zoom and screen share.  It slows both video and especially audio to a stutter, making the process unintelligible.  Somewhere, I read this is traceable to the switchable graphics between the onboard Intel and Nvidia GPU.  I tried disabling the Intel, without success.  The 8930 does not have a big power supply.  The switching glitch causes power usage to shoot up so the system starts limiting processes - like audio.  All of this is logical to me but without a solution.   It may be related to the other problems people are experiencing.