cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install Zoom on Lenovo M10 HD Android Tablet

RichardC
Listener

I consider myself an experienced computer-based Zoom user. I'm asking for help on behalf of a friend who bought the Tab M10 HD from Curry's during lockdown who said that it would be fine for Zoom. I'm not familiar with Lenovo tablets but I think this one is Android based as the settings app looks similar to my Moto phone.

My friend (Pauline) has been able to use the Zoom app to join meetings until about 2-3 weeks ago. When I used the app on her tablet today, it said Update required. The current version is 5.4.x. If I accept the update, a download begins and never completes. If I ignore the update I cannot join a meeting.

I tried uninstalling the app and downloading afresh from the Google Play Store. The green Install button in the Play Store flashes when I press it. A message box appears below "Something went wrong - please try again". Repeated presses give the same result.

I tried restarting the tablet and then attempting download again from the Play Store but again "Something went wrong ..."

The issue is perhaps complicated by having two gmail addresses ***263:gmail.com and ***4572:gmail.com on the tablet. The latter is used on Pauline's phone to send and receive emails while the former is not, and was possibly created in error during initial tablet setup. The 263 address is unwanted but seems to be linked with some Google apps, e.g. YouTube.

Pauline is able to use the Zoom app on her phone but prefers to use the tablet's larger screen so she can clearly see the faces of other participants. The operating system prevents installation of the Zoom app from anywhere other than Google Play (e.g. zoom.us). The device's memory is only half full.

What should be done to use Zoom on this device?

Richard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RichardC
Listener

I have managed to remove the unwanted google account. After repeated retries, I downloaded the Zoom app from the Play Store and it is installed. Tested it using my own account.

Issue fixed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi richard,

zoom has minimum client versions which for android devices is 5.8.6.  

Minimum, Prompted, and Slow/Fast Update Versions – Zoom Support

have you tried signing in on both the 263 and the 4572 accounts?  as you note, the 263 address is tied to some google apps, maybe including google play store.

if that does not work, maybe lenovo support can help.

thanks, eliot 

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hey, @RichardC,

I like @Eliot‘s response, but another thing to try is to remove the current Zoom app from the tablet – however one does that on that sort of thing!  The fact that it is a very old version of Zoom might be complicating things. Removing Zoom and then installing fresh might help. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

RichardC
Listener

Thanks @RachelGomez123 . This particular device's OS is Android, not Windows. Perhaps a similar workaround exists for Android tablets?

Richard

RichardC
Listener

Is there a way to change the Google account that is associated with the Zoom app?

RichardC
Listener

I have managed to remove the unwanted google account. After repeated retries, I downloaded the Zoom app from the Play Store and it is installed. Tested it using my own account.

Issue fixed.