cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ubuntu & virtual desktops

M-C
Listener

Hi,

I run Zoom 5.14.0 on Ubuntu. I also use a lot the Virtual Desktops feature and switch between these desktops while being in a meeting. When doing so, Zoom window automatically minimizes and goes onto the second Virtual Desktop. When coming back to the first desktop, it stays minimized.

Is there a setting to prevent this behavior? Either preventing the window to minimize, or automatically maximize the window when switching back to the first desktop.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

eqmh
Listener

I'm having the same problem. Zoom 5.13.x was OK - the Zoom window minimised, but could be reopened again. But on Zoom 5.14.10 the window disappears completely, though notifications still pop up.

agilent
Listener

I have exactly the same problem. The first time it happened I panicked because I could not figure out how to get back to the meeting. Why was this "feature" added? No other application automatically minimizes when I switch to a different virtual desktop.

I've found one workaround, which is to keep the Zoom chat window open. If I keep it open in the same virtual desktop as the Zoom meeting window, then the meeting window does not minimize when I switch to a different virtual desktop.

LinusOrdinatus
Listener

I have the same problem, anybody found a solution?