cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to screen share but says my screen sharing is paused?

Carolineec
Listener

This has never happened before, in my meeting last night I could not share my screen. Any clues as to why?

5 REPLIES 5

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Carolineec ! This will sometimes happen when you switch windows when screen sharing. Screen sharing should resume when you click "Resume Share". Hope that helps! 

Screen Shot 2023-03-13 at 3.33.23 PM.png

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

CarolRobbinsAO
Listener

I have this same thing happening.  One day screen sharing was working and the next day it wasn't.  I press the "Resume Share" button and nothing happens.   My job requires me to share my screen.  I've updated Zoom.  Check for any changed settings (nothing has changed that I can see).  So frustrating.

Screenshot 2023-06-28 082235.png

 under the checked shield is says: "you are using enhanced encryption"  I don't know what enhanced encryption I would be using.  I haven't changed anything.

maddrecm
Listener

A couple of things:

1. I had the same issue.  Pressing "Resume Share" had no effect.  However, I was able to share my desktop.  If you're doing a Powerpoint and you're in presentation mode, there's not any difference between sharing directly from Powerpoint or sharing from your desktop.

2. I went into my Zoom Preferences and under "Share Screen" there was an option to "Share all windows from an application" and I selected that.  That seemed to take the problem away.  I'm using Softmaker's presentation software and I think that, for the presentation, it creates a separate window from the original application and this is what Zoom was reacting to.  Once I enabled sharing all the windows from an application, I could just go right to the program and start the presentation with no issues.

thank you, seems to be working ok now 

thank you for this simple solution.  I tried SO MANY different things I was reading all over the internet, and this simple 'share all windows' option fixed it!