cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to schedule Zoom meetings for my manager and other people through Google Calendar

Sparky337
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

I'm the first to admit that there's a lot about Zoom that I don't know. I'm able to schedule meetings of my own, where I'm the organizer and I've invited other people - I've got that down. What I can't figure out how to do is schedule meetings for my manager with other people (just him and one other person not in our company).  Can some please explain to me in simple steps how I can create a meeting where he will be the organizer and he will just have the one other participant? I will not be part of the meetings but have been asked to set these up. I'm on a Mac, and typically create my meetings through Google Calendar, but I also have the Zoom.us desktop application installed. 

Thank you so much for any help.

John

6 REPLIES 6

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @Sparky337 – you’re in luck! I just answered this for someone else.

See this Zoom Support article on Scheduling Privileges. This process will give you permission to schedule meetings for another person on your organization’s account. Over you’ve scheduled the meeting, you’ll just need to send the meeting Join information to the other attendee(s).

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Sparky337
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hi Ray,  if I do the way you suggest, does that give me control to put things in the other person's calendar, and can they still approve or reject events?

Ray_Harwood

This only affects Zoom permissions. If your managers have something that syncs their  Zoom with any calendar (Outlook, Google, Apple), then I’m pretty sure whatever functionality you’ve already had will still work. The meeting will also show in their Zoom client apps, and they can cancel/reschedule from there. 

Sparky337
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Thank you Ray! I'll see if my manager can set me up with scheduling privileges as outlined. Appreciate your prompt response!

Sparky337
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hi Ray,

We've been able to give me permissions to create meetings for my manager through the zoom.us website. I have the option to "Schedule For:" my manager, set the meeting topic, date, time, duration, etc., but I don't see an option to add invitees and see that the event is seen on my manger's Google Calendar. Can you offer any help in how to add invitees to these meetings that I schedule for him?

Thank you,

John

Ray_Harwood

@Sparky337,

Scheduling of a Zoom meeting doesn’t inherently allow inviting others. For that, you need an integration to Outlook or Google Calendar – invitations are done thorough the calendaring system.  I’ve not done this before, but see this post on the Zoom Community:

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Marketplace/Schedule-Privilege/m-p/27686/highlight/true#M394