cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to avoid meeting hiccups in recording

MiguelFranco
Listener

Hi, this might seem like an odd question, and I have researched a bit and couldn't find an answer to it, so here goes:

I'm in a country where the Internet is very slow and sometimes my zoom meetings end up having hiccups (the connection goes bad for a second and I lose a bit of the speech). When hosting a meeting and recording, can I avoid the usual hiccups that occur due to weak internet connections by using cloud recording?

Also, if I have a hiccup on my connection, will it appear on the recorded file if everyone else's connection was OK, if using cloud recording?

I'm sorry if the questions are a bit confusing, but hope the message goes through. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @MiguelFranco,

Your assumption is generally correct: recordings will be "more complete" when done on the Zoom Cloud.  Everything that the Zoom server receives will be recorded, though this also means that if the sender's Internet has issues and the voice, camera, or screen share can't be received by Zoom servers, then of course even the Cloud recording will have some gaps.  But if you -- as host or participant -- have Internet issues receiving the audio, video, or screen share, it would only affect you.

If you are recording locally, any interruption in Internet connectivity -- from the speaker, to the Zoom server, and to you -- will result in missing audio, video, or screen sharing in your local recording.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @MiguelFranco,

Your assumption is generally correct: recordings will be "more complete" when done on the Zoom Cloud.  Everything that the Zoom server receives will be recorded, though this also means that if the sender's Internet has issues and the voice, camera, or screen share can't be received by Zoom servers, then of course even the Cloud recording will have some gaps.  But if you -- as host or participant -- have Internet issues receiving the audio, video, or screen share, it would only affect you.

If you are recording locally, any interruption in Internet connectivity -- from the speaker, to the Zoom server, and to you -- will result in missing audio, video, or screen sharing in your local recording.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !