cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer recording

Arild
Listener

I have two accounts and want to transfer some recordings from one account to the other. Is it possible? If not, can I download the recording from one account and upload it to the other?

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @Arild,

Information about transferring account data can be found in this Zoom Support article, but there are some technical issues that I'll walk through below.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005866183-Transferring-data-to-another-user 

First of all, I'm assuming you're talking about Cloud Recordings, with either a Pro, Business, or other type of paid account.  (If you're talking about Local Recordings... they're just files on your computer, and not particularly "attached" to your Zoom account.)

I'm also guessing here, but you probably have two separate user accounts that are not in the same organization account.  In other words, if you go to Admin -> User Management, either you don't see a list, or you only see your one account... and when you log into the other account, you only see that account (or nothing).  In this case... I don't believe it's  possible to transfer the files.  Note at the top of the Support article referenced above "If you need further assistance in transferring meetings, webinars, or cloud recordings, please contact support"  They might be able to help you where the capability to do it yourself is limited... but I don't recommend hitting the link provided, as you'll get a pop-up Bot that won't help you transfer files (I tried... it won't help).  Instead, go to this link and enter a Support Ticket for Zoom Staff:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new

If by some chance you do have two user accounts on the same organizational account -- that is, both users are listed on one account -- then the transfer article above shows how to do this if you want to DELETE one of the users.  But it also points out that you can transfer between accounts without deleting an account by enabling the Scheduling Privilege. 

If that's the case, let me know and I can guide you through that process, which is covered in the Scheduling Privilege article under How to transfer a meeting between two users;   note that the recording is attached to the meeting... and transferring the meeting also transfers the recording.  You might have to look in the Previous tab of your Meetings view to make the transfer of historical meetings with Scheduling Privilege.  I've looked in my meetings and recordings, and there are some recordings whose meetings no longer show up in my Previous Meetings list, in which case I'd advise contacting support for assistance.  (Many of us are customer volunteers here in the Zoom Community, and we don't have access to any of your account information.)

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !