cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Zone | Mexico

JuanRaBel
Listener

Please check the new time zones in México, for example:

Today, the time zone for Mexico City, Monterrey, and Guadalajara must be UTC-6:00, but in Zoom, it appears as UTC-5:00, which is incorrect.

https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zone/mexico/mexico-city

Recently in 2022, Chihuahua city was changed to the same time zone as these three cities, so Chihuahua city must be UTC -6:00

https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zone/mexico/chihuahua

All the mexican cities on the border with the USA have special time zones...

14 REPLIES 14

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @JuanRaBel 

I'm not sure why you think this might be a Zoom issue, the time on your computer is incorrect.

See this Tech Community post on Microsoft.com:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/daylight-saving-time-time-zone/mexico-2023-time-zone-updates-... 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

cristian_fontes
Listener

I agree with you, Juan. I'm having the same issue. 

cristian_fontes
Listener

It seems to be an issue of the application, Juan. If you do it on the website, it works normally. So, I encourage you to use the website to calendar your meetings. I know it's not the best solution, but it could work until Zoom do something. 

RobertMirrielee
Listener

ZOOM, i believe this is your problem. Mexico now has different time zones both east to west (normal) and north to south. Cd. Juarez is on the border of the USA in the Mexican state of Chihuahua. Chihuahua City is 2 hours south. In the winter, same time zone. Spring and Summer, only Cd. Juarez springs forward, Chihuahua City no. So the border cities are an hour ahead of their southern neighbors just minutes away in some cases. ZOOM is not making that adjustment.

Ray_Harwood

Hey, everyone,

I don't think there is anything magical in the Zoom application about time zones.

For the Zoom Web Portal, check out your profile page (https://zoom.us/profile) under Personal, as @cristian_fontes suggests:

Ray_Harwood_0-1683224060140.png

I'm in Arizona, which has it's own time zone, since we don't do Daylight Saving Time like the rest of the country.

Then, assuming you're on windows, check your computer's time zone:

Ray_Harwood_1-1683224141534.png

If these are set properly and you're still experiencing time zone discrepancies, please provide screen shots of where you're seeing the problem, and we'll do what we can to troubleshoot.  "Hey Zoom you have an issue" doesn't help us very much.

Looking forward to hearing what you find out.

RobertMirrielee
Listener

OK if ZOOM only copies the GMT of the computer from Windows when applying the hour, then you should be correct. The problem is with my customer/supplier, not me. The state I was talking about now has two different GMTs instead of one. Without Windows (or whatever Op System being used, and there are many) recognizing that or not, they would have to claim the time zone to the east (which in Mexico doesn't exist) to line up with me, which would put them misaligned in their own country. Maybe then the root cause it that, their Op Syytem hasn't been updated.

image.png

RobertMirrielee
Listener

OK entonces si mi proveedor en Cuernavaca quiere una junta a las 430pm de su hora, yo estoy en Brownsville TX / Matamoros, porque me llega a las 430pm en vez de 530pm?? Estoy una hora adelantado de ellos por 6 meses...

JuanRaBel
Listener

Ese es mi caso, por ejemplo yo vivo en Chihuahua, Chihuahua, la zona horaria oficial (actual), ya es la misma zona horaria que la de Cuernavaca o la ciudad de México (GMT -5:00), ejemplo: deseo programar una junta en el portal de zoom a las 21:00 horas (foto 1); posteriormente al cerrar el zoom (foto 2) y en mi calendario de outlook, se programa a una hora menos a la deseada, o sea a las 20:00, y si te la comparto a ti, se te agendará a las 19:00, pero en realidad queremos que la junta sea a las 21:00 horas mías y a las 20:00 tuyas...

Foto 1 - estoy en zoom agendando la cita a las 21:00
Foto 2 - como la agendó en el mismo zoom

Te comparto mi correo por si quisieras hacer una prueba: ***********

image.pngimage.png 

Ray_Harwood

So possibly the real variable is the Outlook add-in.  I used the Outlook add-in over a year ago, and stopped using it because there were too many issues in the interface.  For me it was much easier just to schedule meetings on the Zoom Web Portal, and copy/paste the invitation into an Outlook calendar invitation.

Sorry I'm not familiar with the Outlook add-in now.  Hopefully someone else can jump in and help out.

Ray,

Zoom has listed the timezone for Mexico at GMT(-5:00)

RosaMariaJ_0-1685047807781.png

the issue right now is that Mexico (almost all the country) stopped using the summer schedule, so as of november 2022, it is in GMT(-6:00)

The northern limit of the country is using a new Summer schedule which aligns to the US summer schedule.

what do we need to do so Zoom support can adjust the timezones in the system?

it is not the add-in, it is not outlook, nor the local timezone of our computers, is it our dumb politicians who we have to thank for this.

appreciate your help.

Rosa Maria.

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@RosaMariaJ @JuanRaBel @RobertMirrielee @cristian_fontes Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. A fix to correct the issue with time zones in Mexico is scheduled to be released on May 29th. You can find the details of this release in the release notes. I hope this helps!

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Thank you Virgina for reading us!

Thank you mates for being so supportive with this issue. When I first arrived to this entry I felt like I was not the only one having this issue, and now we did it. 

Looking forward to the new release, see you soon!

cristian_fontes
Listener

@JuanRaBel @RosaMariaJ @Ray_Harwood @RobertMirrielee @VA The release is ready for download. I already installed and it seems to work well. 

I'll let you know if something happens. 

Thank you guys!