cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is no sound for me or other people. All settings look fine though and all tests are good.

AOE
Listener

I am using iMac with High Sierra 10.13.6

Just downloaded zoom for desktop for the first time, off the zoom website.

I open a meeting and no one can hear me and I can not hear them.

My friend then opened a meeting on his computer and everything worked fine we could all hear each other.

All my settings come up fine and I can run sound tests and they come back fine, I can hear those sounds and hear my voice play back.

I can run a solo zoom and record it and play it back and I hear myself fine.

When I look in settings-privacy there are no options to allow the microphone or video to be used by zoom, but the video at least is working perfectly.

What could be the problem?

1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @AOE could you attempt to run a test meeting with a particpant and ensure that you've connected to computer audio? I would suggest to enable Automatically join audio by computer when joining a meeting:

1. Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
  2. Click your profile picture, then click Settings.
  3. Click Audio RN_0-1677098020443.png

4. Select the Automatically join audio by computer when joining a meeting check box.
    When you join a meeting, your computer audio will automatically set as the audio for the meeting, as opposed to joining by phone or another method.

Also, if you do not automatically join computer audio when joining a meeting, you will ned to click on 'Join Audio' in-meeting. 

Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 2.34.17 PM.png

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!