cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The video is freezing when using 2 screens (extended)

Alaa-Al
Listener

Hi! This issue started happening 5 months ago, and it's been causing me a lot of embarrassment since then.

I use two screens with Extended Settings (not Duplicated settings; that works fine). Whenever I open a video or someone else opens a video and I move the window, all the videos freeze.

There's no way to fix this other than leaving the meeting and joining again. Even that is not a solution, as any action you take in Zoom's window (move to the other screen, minimize, etc) will cause the video and participants' images to freeze.

I've tried the solution provided in the following ticket, but it's not working, as many people are reporting already:
https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Dual-window-freezing/m-p/133803

This is urgent and causing a lot of embarrassment. Please address this issue promptly.

I am using a paid account.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Ellis33
Listener

I am having this same issue - it is obnoxious. 

benskinner
Listener

Same problem

CTSLZ
Listener

Same problem. I have tried updating Windows, changing my settings etc... the problem still exists. Have they provided you with a fix?

Alex_PFT
Participant | Zoom Partner
Participant | Zoom Partner

Hi all,

ad the same problem for weeks ... the last update fixed it for me. I'm on 5.16.1 right now and freeze free!

Try to update your Zoom app.

Not everybody in my office was experiencing the problem, so I guess it was driver or PC brand related.

MG72
Listener

d

dmmnola
Listener

I just bought a new mac studio and am running the latest OS and the latest Zoom update. I use zoom for musical collaboration where its important to be able to see my fingers on the piano keyboard. The Mute Me button does fine un-muting my sound, but freezes my video. The video feed resumes when I mute myself.