cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Audio Effect in Win11

BigHotte
Listener

Audio/Video works perfekt in Win11. In Zoom the speaker does not work, microphone and video are perfect. Starting the speaker test only a short signal appears and then nothing. I tested different outputs (Realtech, BT, monitor speaker). No changes

Win11 is updated, zoom the newest version 5.15.7 and all win drivers are ok (windows device manager). And I allready deleted Zoom and installed it again.

Does anyone have an idea?

5 REPLIES 5

AvE10623
Listener

Hi, I have the same issue under Win 11 home with RealTeck speakers. I already found this help https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/15698987437197-Zoom-sound-output-not-working-with-Realtek-...
 The solution works for only two seconds. Any further ideas? suggestions? remedies?

AvE10623
Listener

Hurrah, I found the solution! Update the Intel Drivers! I hear the person at the other end of the line.  😀 I have on my system now:

Beschreibung:
This download installs Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.4644 (WHQL Certified) for Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics and Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics.
Version: 31.0.101.4644
Happy zooming, you all!

AvE10623
Listener

😤The issue is back after a Windows update. Argh!!! How am I to be persuaded to switch to a paid subscription with this mega issue?

dcavanna64
Listener

I had similar problem with audio in  Zoom using my new Dell Latitude 5430 Windows 11 with Realtek.

Searching in internet I understood the the main reason of audio issues come from the Zoom own noise suppression that conflicts with Laptop/Operating System noise suppression.

In Zoom is not possible to disable its own noise suppression (you do changes but not disable it),  and then you need to do it on your Laptop/Operating System.

I tried what suggested in https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/15698987437197-Zoom-sound-output-not-working-with-Realtek-... for both Speaker and Microphone but it did not work.

I did not find any parameters in Windows 11 Sound Configuration to turn off the noise suppression on my  Dell Laptop/Operating System.

At the end I discovered that my Dell Latitude 5430 ceme with a Dell application called "Dell Optimizer" :

dcavanna64_0-1694682431629.png

and entering in "Audio" and turning off "Remove My Background Noise" and "Remove Other's Backgorund Noise" :

dcavanna64_1-1694682601536.png

I finally solved the Zoom audio issue. Now it works well.

AvE10623
Listener

After 2 more updates for Windows, "all of a sudden", audio is working with Zoom. Thanks for your input. 🙂