cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Started meeting with registration, registrants unable to log in 5 minutes past start time

ericacast95
Listener

My company hosts workshops on my work account. We have the full license for our Zoom accounts. We were testing a new solution for preregistering for these events and created a registration page through Zoom instead of a second party. We started the meeting and ran into issues when registrants tried logging in 5 minutes past the start time. 

I checked the settings for our account, and the setting to allow participants to join at any time was checked. 

I found no setting for not allowing participants to join past the start time. Is there a prebuilt setting within Zoom that overrides our account settings when registrations are set up for a meeting? 

I tried sending them the "invite link" you can generate from within the meeting to get them access. They were redirected to a registration page that told them the registration was no longer available. All of these clients were already registered for this meeting. 

I had to email many clients the meeting ID and passcode and direct them to log into Zoom and enter these credentials to allow them access. 

Any clarification on this would be helpful so I do not run into this issue again.

4 REPLIES 4

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @ericacast95 , thank you for posting for the first time and welcome to the Zoom Community!

I am sorry to hear that your attendees had difficulty joining your meeting due to the registration. One quick thing I would like for you to take a look at if you can,.. does the meeting have "Require authentication to join" enabled? 

Let me know!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

MWashington
Listener

this was happening to me as well. And the "join" link was redirecting registered participants back to the registration page. However, I found that when I log in to zoom web client then the same "join" link goes to the actual meeting invitation site, don't know why this is the fix, but that's what worked for me today. I tested the same link, when I'm logged out of the web client it goes to the registration page, but when I'm logged in to the web client the link goes to the zoom meeting page.

Hi @MWashington, thank you for your contribution! 

You are totally correct. When a meeting has registration enabled, attendees will need to be logged in to Zoom using the same email associated with the registration. 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

If using Zoom Registration, they can also use the "JOIN MEETING" or "JOIN WEBINAR" button and just join without being able to log into Zoom, right?