cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotlight during Share Screen

Steve49
Listener

I have read about Spotlight and decided to use it during a meeting of writers where I serve as Zoom Host. They produce short documents, send them to me and I put together a document for the group. During the meeting, I use Share Screen to show the document so others can follow along as the author of the section reads what s/he had submitted. When I Spotlighted the reader, others could still change their view so that they still saw all participants rather than just the Spotlighted one. This is not what I expected and seems to contradict what I read about Spotlight. The session isn't being recorded.

Am I missing something or is that just the way it works?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer

The behavior that you have described is accurate for a Zoom Meeting versus a Zoom Webinar.

Zoom Meeting gives you the host the ability set one or many spotlights, and initially it snaps everybody's screens to the share and those specific spotlights. But, the Zoom application also continues to provide each user the flexibility to adjust what they're viewing, if they desire.

For instance, some folks prefer a side-by-side view, some don't. Some desire to continue to view the gallery, others will take the lead from the host and just look at the spotlights.

If you ever end-up using Zoom Webinar, then the host has the ability to force a view on to the audience' screen.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ZoomTestKitchen

The behavior that you have described is accurate for a Zoom Meeting versus a Zoom Webinar.

Zoom Meeting gives you the host the ability set one or many spotlights, and initially it snaps everybody's screens to the share and those specific spotlights. But, the Zoom application also continues to provide each user the flexibility to adjust what they're viewing, if they desire.

For instance, some folks prefer a side-by-side view, some don't. Some desire to continue to view the gallery, others will take the lead from the host and just look at the spotlights.

If you ever end-up using Zoom Webinar, then the host has the ability to force a view on to the audience' screen.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen