cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous Meetings with Co-Hosts

Durham-Admin
Listener

Our HR recruiter would like to setup 3+ meetings with co-hosts that may all overlap. Each meeting will have a hiring manager as a co-host. The recruiter would like to start the meeting and then the co-host will join while the recruiter will go to the next meeting. After all meetings have started, the recruiter may rejoin one of the meetings. Is this possible? It seems that the limit is 2 simultaneous meetings; however, when a co-host has been assigned, can the recruiter be demoted from host and rejoin an existing session? 

TLDR: The current limitation of 2 simultaneous meetings has been problematic for HR. Is there a higher tier of licensing or another workaround that can be used for recruiters having to schedule multiple overlapping meetings?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

If you are in an Enterprise or Educational account, you might ask your internal Zoom admin to contact your Zoom Account Manager and see if there is some sort of provision I’m not aware of, but I’ve never heard of the anyone being about to bypass the “2-simultaneous meeting rooms” limitation.

An alternative would be to conduct one meeting, enable Waiting Rooms, admit one interviewer and the appropriate interviewee at a time, and after a brief introduction, send them off to a Breakout Room. Then bring in the next two, and repeat. If that approach interests you, let me know and I can suggest a few ways to make that work for you. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Durham-Admin.

You’re missing the intent of a Zoom login: it’s for you to have a meeting. It’s not intended for you to set up a meeting to hand off to someone else while you go out to set up another meeting.

Why can’t your “co-hosts” set up their own meetings?  If you need to be present to make introductions or set the tone, they can invite you. 

You might see the Zoom Terms of Service here: https://explore.zoom.us/en/terms/ 

The HR recruiter's job is to setup all meetings for candidates. Changing software tools would be easier than changing this process for the company. Based on your response, I assume Zoom cannot accommodate us for this use case. Please let me know if I have misunderstood your comment.

Ray_Harwood

If you are in an Enterprise or Educational account, you might ask your internal Zoom admin to contact your Zoom Account Manager and see if there is some sort of provision I’m not aware of, but I’ve never heard of the anyone being about to bypass the “2-simultaneous meeting rooms” limitation.

An alternative would be to conduct one meeting, enable Waiting Rooms, admit one interviewer and the appropriate interviewee at a time, and after a brief introduction, send them off to a Breakout Room. Then bring in the next two, and repeat. If that approach interests you, let me know and I can suggest a few ways to make that work for you. 

Thanks for the quick follow up. I will speak with our HR team to see if this is a reasonable path forward for them.

Frank_TB

I agree with Ray. Have the hiring managers be the hosts. Each hiring manager can add the HR recruiter as co host. The HR recruiter will be able to jump from meeting to meeting as they please.

Regards